1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Alpha Basic Christmas Event

Discussion in 'DarkRP Addon & Plugin Releases' started by Frozen Banana, Dec 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Frozen Banana

Frozen Banana Member

65fb2522219076d7bd922952b3798db9.png
    So this is a very basic event system that I just made for DarkRP.

How to use:
    Admin has to spawn it at a hidden location.
    After you have spawned it, you could either tell people too look for it. I was supposed to add so it announce when you spawn it but I didn't manage to get it right.
    When a player finds the hat, they press E on it for a 50.000$ reward.
    It will also announce: [EVENT] Santa: My present has been found. Thanks everyone that searched for it!

It's a very basic script but probably the only free event addon for darkrp servers.
    Feel free to edit it and also if there's any way I could improve it. please tell me so I can get better at coding.

Installation:
    drag and drop the christmas_event folder into garrysmod\garrysmod\darkrpmodification\lua\entities.

PS: You can also edit init.lua if you want to change the color and the reward at the top of the script.
    cl_init.lua if you want to change the message!

Hope you enjoy it and Merry Christmas! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Moto

Moto New Member

Hi,
    You made a mistake on line 16 of init.lua
    Code (Text):
     self:SetModel("model models/items/cs_gift.mdl")
    change it too
    Code (Text):
     self:SetModel("models/items/cs_gift.mdl")

3. Frozen Banana

Frozen Banana Member

That must be a typo, i can write stuff twice sometimes. my bad. I updated the file