1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Release Classic Advert

Discussion in 'DarkRP Addon & Plugin Releases' started by Fillipuster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. [ERP] Nathan

[ERP] Nathan New Member

Is anyone able to download this, as it doesn't work for me.

2. SlenderDaddy

SlenderDaddy Member

Try this its the same file just on a different website, If the creator wants me to remove this i will.

https://mega.nz/#!LN0T2ATD

key is : !8hY_-catBjt8xAsN5Zyq9VU9NyJN4CEes2asKqVTHRk

3. Fillipuster

Fillipuster Member

Thanks Noodles. Can anyone confirm that this actually does work, and does not ruin the Classic Advert?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2016 ---
    Have you tried both the mediafire link and the internal forum file?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  4. 6-God

6-God New Member

is there a way i can change the og command of the advert bill board so i can have the classic advert command as /advert ??

5. Fillipuster

Fillipuster Member

Would people be interested in the possibility to do anon adverts and also charge people money for doing adverts?

6. LeGiT

LeGiT New Member

No it doesn't work Falco should just add an option in the settings if you want the old adverts or wanna use the bill boards, I can see some users implementing the bill boards for something but for me I hate them

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  7. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

Your hate of my decision to change course is no reason to add a setting.

8. LeGiT

LeGiT New Member

I'm not trying to be rude I'm just saying I dislike it as does many people I can see a use for the bill boards it would just be a nice option to have for servers to use the old advert or where you do the advert and you can have an option for it to show in chat or something With the bill board

9. (FPtje) Atheos

My comment was not a jab at you being rude. I'm saying that people's preference should not translate to a setting. Settings aren't for undoing developers' decisions.

My reasoning behind this is well documented for other cases. Check this out:
    https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1450721&p=47561840&viewfull=1#post47561840

It's about the Q menu, but the logic applies directly for the change in the advert system.

cj2tech likes this.
  10. LeGiT

LeGiT New Member

Eh imma try to use the bill boards as just for logging so imma try and give it to a go where players just use their advert then just delete it right after or if they're raiding they but it up Above that persons house or something I'll try and see how people like it sense I don't to much and if it really becomes that big of a deal we can just use ooc or something to print it chat idk or I can have my friend make a raiding script but I'm going to try it out see how it works and explain it to some people

One quick question is there a command I can use either by web console or RCON for fadmin to give access to commands because the owner rank doesnt have access to the fadmin stuff and I cant edit it because the immunity

11. Matryan

Matryan Well-Known Member

I think you've missed the whole point on why it was changed.
    Why do your players need to advertise their raids?

12. Bacon Overlord®

Bacon Overlord® New Member

Because, that's his choice as a server operator.

This move was a pretty hardcore right-angle turn for RP servers.

13. Nagisa Momoe

Nagisa Momoe Member

They're just unresponsive admin who don't make their players log everything for them
    Or they just following others server, the result is cancer

14. (FPtje) Atheos

It's a really strong message that says I don't like what they're doing.

LordiAnders and Matryan like this.
  15. PotatoTurtle

PotatoTurtle New Member

Is there a way to change to 2.6.1 so I could have the old /advert system? I am running a non serious rp and people have to use adverts so people wont abuse the raid system by killing randomly a person saying "it was a raid"

16. Nagisa Momoe

Nagisa Momoe Member

Why not jail him, isn't that's what cop's duty?
    If he keep RDM-ing then ban him

17. PotatoTurtle

PotatoTurtle New Member

Uhh, I dont like banning people that much, also we run a NON serious rp server that menas about 7 warnings for a kick since people have to learn and stuff, adverts make it much easier.

18. Nagisa Momoe

Nagisa Momoe Member

Well your choice
    I let police handle these kind of things
    So it's more realistic and more rp-ing
    Also more things for them to do beside get low-priced gun and run around :v

19. BabyHasBigFists

BabyHasBigFists New Member

Whenever i do the "/ad blah blah blah" it brodcasts to everyone BUT it is not colored and does not have the [advert]

20. Jackthefur

Jackthefur New Member

If you want to make the command /advert but you actually read the config and noticed it said to "Please ,do not use "/advert"" Just find entites file in
    DarkRP->entities->entities then find darkrp_billboard and then delete it once you do that you can customize the sh_config to be /advert

This is just to help you if you got confused by the config