1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

DarkRP 2.5.0 has been released

Discussion in 'DarkRP News and Announcements' started by (FPtje) Atheos, Oct 4, 2013.

1. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

There you go.

The difference between DarkRP 2.4.3 and DarkRP 2.5.0 in technical terms:
    http://yt.gl/darkrp250changes
    (look at it in awe and then continue your usual business)

How to get DarkRP 2.5.0:
    Well it's simple. The refactor branch is gone. poof.
    When you go to Github, there's one branch, the "master" branch.
    That's DarkRP 2.5.0 from now on. Download it through git or SVN.
    Don't you dare modify the DarkRP files. There's a mod for that.

Also, read the migrating page:
    http://wiki.darkrp.com/index.php/MigratingTo2.5.0

Have fun and be enlightened by the release of the dark roleplay mod. I hope this release improves your virtual social experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
  2. German Hoeffner

German Hoeffner Community Staff Staff Member Server Owner

3. Knoxville

Knoxville New Member

T's very good, server already back up with no problems (Other than waiting for custom things to be fixed up)

4. Sphiinx

Sphiinx New Member

Love 2.5.0!!! I just have one question How do i install https://github.com/FPtje/DarkRPModification i dont really get where to put the folder cause it doesn't really have instructions.

Ok i got my server set up and i like the F4 menu but there are texture errors all over it anyone know why?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
  5. German Hoeffner

6. Sphiinx

Sphiinx New Member

I asked another question on why the F4 menu and the textures are all purple. Also where is the tab for dropping money etc... And did everyones printers break because i cant take money out of mine and there are no errors...

7. Knoxville

Knoxville New Member

Well, my custom printers can't explode, but the person who made them for me had a fall out with me and refuses to fix them up ;S
    I get your problem too, the new default f4 menu, people see it as black and purple...

8. Sphiinx

Sphiinx New Member

Yeah dude my printers don't explode either! Please fix the HUD textures and the printer bugs.

9. German Hoeffner

Not a problem on our side, sorry.

10. Sphiinx

Sphiinx New Member

How long do you think until the fix will be out and how would i get it?

11. Bo98

Bo98 Moderator Staff Member Contributor

Sample printer addon or code would help if you want advice on how to fix it.

12. Sphiinx

Sphiinx New Member

No im asking when you guys are going to fix the darkrp F4 menu texture errors cause it is purple and black and you guys said its on your end and also some people can see it. Also the printers dont explode which you said it is on your end. Also how would i get the fix for it?

13. German Hoeffner

We said exactly the oposite. Sorry, but DarkRP is fully working if you're running the latest DarkRP 2.5.0 from Github. Download it from http://darkrp.com/download

Your custom printers not exploding is not our fault, please do not just copy the old DarkRP 2.4.x mods to your new DarkRP 2.5.0 server. Lots of stuff changed internally, so get a coder to fix it for you.

14. Knoxville

Knoxville New Member

So what are you saying is your side?

15. German Hoeffner

It's not a DarkRP problem, can you understand that?

16. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima New Member

17. Sphiinx

Sphiinx New Member

I understand the printers aren't a darkrp problem but the F4 menu is! I have talked to a lot of other server owners and players that run 2.5.0 and they all have the same problem. Can you please tell us how to fix it or make a fix for it! Also you said it was a problem on your side and then you edited your post or maybe i read it wrong.

18. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima New Member

Are you blind mate?
    I just linked you to printers that work.
    Try it out.

Also, you were told that the materials are a problem on your end.

Did you try reinstalling DarkRP?
    Did you try reinstalling CStrike?
    Did you try reinstalling Gmod?
    Did you try reinstalling you OS?
    Did you delete win32?
    Did you try learning binary and building your knowledge from there?
    Did you try creating your own language to code in?
    Did you try inventing you own game-mode and have people who don't know how to take simple direction ask you a multitude of silly questions without going through proper installing and testing procedures?

If so, then I don't know what else to suggest...

Good luck mate.

19. Sphiinx

Sphiinx New Member

Obviously the person above has mental issues and can't read. I saw your post about the printers and i see that i need 2.5.0 ones but everyone is having the purple errors not just me and not just on my server a lot of others are having the same problems

EDIT: I have another idea is it possible to change the HUD or do i have to use the 2.5.0 one cause i tried changing it and it changed but it changed back or something.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  20. German Hoeffner

Yes, it's possible. No, the Hud thing isn't a DarkRP issue, because a) we're running own servers and would have noticed by now and b) more people would have contacted us. So, check your FastDL/turn it off or start by re-installing your server and installing DarkRP as shown in my tutorial.