1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

DarkRP 2.7.0

Discussion in 'DarkRP News and Announcements' started by (FPtje) Atheos, Apr 9, 2016.

1. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

Attention server owners and DarkRP modders

DarkRP 2.7.0 is in beta in a separate branch on github. Please download and test it!

Direct download link:
    https://github.com/FPtje/DarkRP/archive/2.7.0.zip

Changes:
    • Changed version from 2.6.2 to 2.7.0
    • Fixed a somewhat rare but complicated bug. Without going into detail, it causes some specific players to have the same RP name and money amounts. DarkRP would mix them up and think they're the same player. This problem can get pretty big. Note: THIS FIX CAN BREAK SOME MODS. READ MORE BELOW.
    This is a very short change list. The reason for that is because I update DarkRP all the time without changing the version number. I only change the version number when I make changes that break backwards compatibility. There are many changes between the release of 2.6.2 and 2.7.0's release, but those all went rolling release, and if you have the workshop version, then the above two changes are really the only ones!

What to test for:
    This update affects the loading and saving of players' money and RP names. Test for the following:
    • That everyone's RP name loads correctly (and no one's is reset)
    • That everyone's money is loaded correctly (and no one's is reset)
    • Addons that change people's money or RP names, since their changes might not be saved anymore.
    • You might see some warning about some addon using a function (DarkRP.storeOfflineMoney) incorrectly. You should post in this thread, telling me which addon is causing that warning. If you can't find out, just paste the entire error (WITH the part that lists files! that's the most important part!)
    • Addons that mess with wanted/warrants/tax/arresting. Specifically, interactions with timed events may break

Addon developers/DarkRP modders
    The change can be summarised as follows:
    The "uid" fields of the darkrp_player and playerinformation used to store UniqueIDs. From 2.7.0 onwards those tables will hold SteamID64s instead. Backwards compatibility is limited.

As such, you may be affected when you do anything with the "darkrp_player" and/or "playerinformation" database tables. Specifically:
    • If you only RETRIEVE from those tables (with or without joins), it should still work. After all, the database will hold two rows for every player: one with uid = UniqueID and one with uid = SteamID64.
    • If you UPDATE those tables indirectly, i.e. through the functions in the DarkRP API, you should be fine. Those functions have been updated to reflect the change. Note: DarkRP.storeOfflineMoney is changed, and now takes a SteamID64 instead of a UniqueID.
    • If you UPDATE those tables directly, i.e. with SQL queries, you're fucked. Your changes will NOT be saved. Well, they will be saved, but DarkRP reads from the uid=SteamID64 row, so your data is ignored and even overwritten when DarkRP feels like it.

Also, I changed uses of ply:UniqueID in timer names. Specifically in these ones:
    • jobtimer
    • propertytax
    • rp_tax_
    • wantedtimer
    • jailtimer

In short: UPDATE YOUR ADDONS

Check out the technical details below for more details.

Technical details
    For the technical minded, this is the specific commit that breaks backwards compatibility:
    https://github.com/FPtje/DarkRP/commit/61fa0c28c961aa1391dde1147d4f51c5dffa75a4

YOU HAVE UNTIL MAY 1ST TO TEST THIS UPDATE AND UPDATE YOUR ADDONS.
    After that we'll go live.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    Wareb likes this.
  2. Elpisaur

Elpisaur Member

Hi Atheos

3. Joseph S. Habib

Joseph S. Habib New Member

Hey Atheos, I sent a friend request because I never knew who you were many years ago (or your importance) and then I remembered you and wanted to add you <3

4. only members of the fptje clan can add him so no ok go away thanks

5. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

What the fuck?

6. "atheos" can back me up ok

7. Pab14567

lol fptje is not a clan. i used to think it was until falco corrected me

8. no its clan

9. Pab14567

Anyhow thanks falco for fixing some of the bigger problems, but for now brace yourselves. "ADDON BROKE THANKS TO DARKRP UPDATE HELP PLOX" post are coming

10. (FPtje) Atheos

fuck off

Pab14567 likes this.
  11. pls add me on steam thx

12. (FPtje) Atheos

no

Pab14567 likes this.
  13. k il add u

14. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member