1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

DarkRP Corefiles song

Discussion in 'Modder General Chat' started by Totoro, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Totoro

Totoro Member

I'm sure we all now about the DarkRP Corefiles song ( http://corefiles.darkrp.eu )
    But I'm curious, is the piano music based on something else? Or did you come up with it yourself, falco?

2. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

I came up with it myself.

3. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

The piano was played by me.

But then I woke up

4. Totoro

Totoro Member

Yea, I was thinking that, but for some reason, it sounded strikingly familiar to something I've head in the past, but I just couldn't think of it. Same with the CSS Mounted song.
    You should make it play in game automatically when it detects that core files have been fucked around with lol.

5. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

It's a difficult music related question. How would I know that the song I came up with isn't actually some song that's buried deep inside my memory? I guess one answer could be that I would recognise it when playing the song myself. I'm not sure, though. I do know that the piano part exists of just some simple chord progressions. I'm not too amazing with the piano, so this is kind of the best I can come up with. Other songs may definitely share the same chord progressions, transposed or not. Songs with the same chords aren't generally seen as copies of one another, though.

And I won't add it to DarkRP, because any system that detects core files being fucked with would have me shoot myself in the foot when I work on DarkRP myself.

Quangasaurusrex likes this.
  6. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

Yeah, let's try to keep self-inflictions to the minimum.

Quangasaurusrex likes this.
  7. davidk911

davidk911 Member

/advert raid