1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

v 2.5.x DarkRP|Part 1, Adding the Gamemode

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Raven, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Raven

Raven New Member

To add the gamemode you want to go the to DarkRP Github
    and click on "Download ZIP"
    [​IMG]

After that the ZIP will be downloaded. You want to open the ZIP and you should see "DarkRP-Master"
    If you want remove the master. If not, keep it. Now you want to go to your server file; serverlocation\garrysmod\gamemodes\
    And place "DarkRP-Master" or whatever you called it into the gamemodes file.
    Now you want to go to main file directory where start.bat is located, right click and edit the file.
    In the "-gamemode " you should put "-gamemode darkrp"
    Start up the server and there you go!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hoping you have your server already installed, this is how to install the gamemode.
    Next tutorial I will tell you how to add DarkRP Modification file to your server.

2. Raven

Raven New Member

This was pretty much terrible, I am sorry I was just in a hurry and had to type this fast.

3. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

Please improve on it. Isn't it required that DarkRP's folder name is lowercase "darkrp"?

4. Tomelyr

Tomelyr Active Member

iirc only if you are using linux, it needs to be lowercased.
    but iwould recommend it to rename it, just in case.

5. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

Or put both and it's better to just put one full thread of all the tutorials which I have, already in the darkrp discussion threads within the workshop. And yeah, mines one of the top ones

6. Raven

Raven New Member

I understand, I was just in a hurry like I said. Trust me, my next tutorial will be better.

7. Why waste your time making a not very good tutorial if you are going to make a "better" one later?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015