1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

DarkRP Wiki changes

Discussion in 'DarkRP News and Announcements' started by (FPtje) Atheos, Feb 21, 2015.

1. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

[​IMG]

A few of you might have noticed that the functions and hooks on the wiki hadn't been updated for the past couple of months. This is because the wiki generator I had broke. Also, php updated which broke it some more.

I had grown sick of that wiki generator, because:
    • I had to reboot in Linux to generate the wiki. I generally develop on Windows
    • The generator broke with every PHP update. PHP is a terrible language and has terrible compatibility management
    • It's not even being maintained anymore. The backend of the wiki updated and I could not update my wikibot to get it to work.
    I'm now using the official wikibot mechanism called pywikibot. It's cross platform, slightly faster and I can at least be reasonably sure that it will remain up to date. Useful, yes.

Biggest changes for you
    I'm sure you don't give a rat's ass about my wikibot adventures. That's alright, here's something you do care about:

All previous links to functions and hooks will now lead to a deleted page

That's because all page names were lowercase. You couldn't derive the casing from the URL. That's really annoying for coders. So I deleted all those pages and created the properly cased counterparts using my new bot.

Why couldn't you move the pages instead?
    because effort.

2. Jeezy

Jeezy New Member

That explains why the stub I added didn't seem to show up. I would've mentioned it but I thought maybe it was updated infrequently or something.