1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Entities Randomly Stop Spawning!

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by 『 g r i m 』, Aug 1, 2017.

1. 『 g r i m 』

『 g r i m 』 New Member

There is an old thread I bumped that had this question, but nobody seems to be responding.

I really, really could use some help here.

Among the many entities I've been adding to my DarkRP server, specifically two of them randomly stop working.

The Health Vial (that comes with gmod) and the Fire Extinguisher addon from the Workshop, both will randomly stop working in the F4 shop. The game takes my money, but doesn't spawn the item. Neither of these items will spawn in with the Q menu, either. (btw, I'm using Windows) No console errors of any form are showing up.

If anybody can help direct me to a fix for this, it would be greatly appreciated. Everything else seems to be working, and half the time, the health vial and fire extinguisher will work fine and spawn in fine, but then randomly on a restart, or even during the same play session, they just stop working entirely.

Here is the code for the Health Vial and Fire Extinguisher. I have scoured my code looking for typos or mistakes, but I just can't find any.

DarkRP.createEntity("Medical Booster", {
    ent = "item_healthvial",
    model = "models/healthvial.mdl",
    price = 750,
    max = 5,
    cmd = "buymedboost",
    category = "Health & Armor",
    sortOrder = 4,
    })

DarkRP.createEntity("Fire Extinguisher", {
    ent = "weapon_extinguisher",
    model = "models/weapons/w_fire_extinguisher.mdl",
    price = 100,
    max = 2,
    cmd = "buyfireextinguisher",
    })

2. H3X G4MING

H3X G4MING New Member

I have had this before with an addon. As from what I have seen, it can be caused by darkrp not finding the entity, as it can't spawn something it can't find.
    Now, I am no professional lua coder or anything, but trying going into the entity's folder, and checking if the model is valid. Try changing it, and see if that works. If it doesn't, then look in your console for errors.