1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Excessively Asked Questions (Last updated: 14th February 2015)

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by Bo98, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo98

Bo98 Moderator Staff Member Contributor

The following assumes you are using the DarkRP Modification addon. Support for modifications outside this addon is not given. All references to files below are relative to the addon's "lua" directory unless otherwise stated.
    ----

Q: How can I modify DarkRP?
    A: For DarkRP 2.5.0 and later, use the DarkRP Modification addon. You should no longer edit any part of the gamemode outside this addon. The addon is well documented and can be downloaded from GitHub. If you are unsure whether something can be customised or not using the addon, post a thread. If you find something that is definitely not possible to customise using this addon, then you can open an issue here.

Q: How can I upgrade to DarkRP 2.5.0/2.5.1/2.6.0 from 2.4.3?
    A: Check this wiki page.

Q: Why does my guns and money float in mid-air?
    A: Make sure you have Counter-Strike: Source content installed and mounted in mount.cfg.

Q: Couldn't include file darkrp\gamemode\cl_init.lua (File not found)?
    A: Make sure if you have "+gamemode darkrp" in your server launch options.
    Also make sure that the DarkRP folder in your gamemodes folder is called "darkrp" in lowercase.

Q: I can't pick up any weapons!
    A: Modders: Set GM.Config.license = false in the darkrp_config/settings.lua file
    Players: Ask a chief or the mayor for a license.

Q: I downloaded DarkRP from garrysmod.org and...
    A: Please use the latest Git/SVN revision of DarkRP from GitHub.

Q: I found a bug in DarkRP. What can I do to get it fixed?
    A: First of all, make sure the issue you're facing is DarkRP's fault and not your own. If in doubt, make a help thread here first. If you are certain that's it's a bug in DarkRP then you can report it on GitHub. Remember to read the guidelines to contributing first! GitHub is not a help forum.

Q: How can I make a job be able to arrest and want people?
    A: Go to darkrp_customthings/jobs.lua and modify GAMEMODE.CivilProtection.
    Example for adding "TEAM_SWAT":
    Code (Lua):

/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Define which teams belong to civil protection
    Civil protection can set warrants, make people wanted and do some other police related things
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
    GAMEMODE.CivilProtection = {
        [TEAM_POLICE] = true,
        [TEAM_CHIEF] = true,
        [TEAM_MAYOR] = true,
        [TEAM_SWAT] = true,
    }

Q: Why can't my mayor work with laws, control lockdowns or start a lottery?
    A: You are missing the 'mayor' job field. Go to your mayor job and add the following to it:
    Code (Lua):

mayor = true,

Unless you are creating a custom mayor job, this should not be necessary if using DarkRP 2.5.0 or later because you shouldn't be touching core DarkRP files and you should be getting a fresh copy of them.

Q: Why is my shipment's 'seperate'/'separate' field ignoring the 'allowed' field?
    A: You need to set GM.Config.restrictbuypistol to true.

Q: How to add a class to a "CP and Mayor Only door"?
    A: First, go to darkrp_config/disabled_defaults.lua and disable the default "Cops and Mayor only" door group by setting it to true:
    Code (Lua):

/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Door groups
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
    DarkRP.disabledDefaults["doorgroups"] = {
        ["Cops and Mayor only"] = true,
        ["Gundealer only"] = false,
    }

Then go to darkrp_customthings/doorgroups.lua and add this:
    Code (Lua):

DarkRP.createEntityGroup("Cops and Mayor only", TEAM_CHIEF, TEAM_POLICE, TEAM_MAYOR)

The add the team of your choice after the mayor team, separated by a comma.
    Example with adding "TEAM_SWAT" to the door group
    Code (Lua):

DarkRP.createEntityGroup("Cops and Mayor only", TEAM_CHIEF, TEAM_POLICE, TEAM_MAYOR, TEAM_SWAT)

Q: How do I make a job demote on death?
    A: http://wiki.darkrp.com/index.php/LUA:Demote_Upon_Death

Q: Why am I getting unauthed player errors?
    A: You likely have MySQL enabled but do not have MySQLOO or tmysql4 installed or do not have it installed correctly. If you wish to use MySQL, install MySQLOO or tmysql4.

Q: Can I download DarkRP 2.4.3?
    A: You can download the "2.4.3" tag from GitHub or use the Git/SVN branch called "old". Do note that 2.4.3 is COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED and any bugs in this version (which there is) will not be fixed by the developer.

----

(Last updated: 14th February 2015)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.