1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Fresh Server

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by [XRAY]Blake, Jan 26, 2015.

1. [XRAY]Blake

[XRAY]Blake Active Member

So I made a backup of all the files for the server. I use a FTP client to do updates and what not, so yeh...
    I would like to know how would I reset everything and get a clean, fresh, nothing added or anything DarkRP? I have random junk in the host server file and just want everything clean. It also would allow me to readd maps so there are no old map data or save or anything. I just want a fresh DarkRP server. If you were to join it it would be the core gamemode.

2. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

Have you tried the option to clear everything off ? There should be a option in your CP, to clear everything off from the server, including added gamemodes, addons and etc..

3. [XRAY]Blake

I use xenon servers if that means anything, where would that be?

4. Pab14567

I am not sure. I found it in my host, which is ServON. Try looking around your cp, just don't try to mess anything up, haha.
    I don't know if this would be of any help, but on mine where it says "Server Information" Go to the tab of Actions and it should be there. If not then i'm not entirely sure, on where, for xenon

5. [XRAY]Blake

Here is the garrysmod default folder. It looks like this is the default files with nothing else.
    http://imgur.com/aO4bRAt

If I deleted all these http://imgur.com/ycD56mN and replaced it with the file shown above, will this work, all I'll need to do is install the gmod update, the mysqloo, DarkRP gamemode, darkrpmodification, and ulx and ulib?

6. [XRAY]Blake

Cause I don't want anything from the existing files to be interfering or editing or making changes. I want default EVERYTHING. To where I'll have to re add maps and workshop content.

7. Pab14567

Like said, shouldn't the host have a option to re-install the server and have it at it's default? I'm not to familiar with how gmod looks defaultly

8. [XRAY]Blake

9. Pab14567

What does server status, and administration do?

10. [XRAY]Blake

11. Pab14567

The picture just shows the same one from here

12. [XRAY]Blake

13. Pab14567

Hm, then I'm not entirely sure how to reinstall everything on your server.

Have you tried just manually deleting all the addons, and maps and etc?

14. [XRAY]Blake

So far, yes I deleted EVERYTHING from the addons folder, then reinstalled the darkrpmodification addon and ulx and ulib, along with the DarkRP gamemode itself. I went into the maps folder and deleted all of the RP maps so gm_construct was only left. But yet, my server still is up and shows its running rp_bangclaw. How is this so if I deleted it?

15. Pab14567

Change the map to a default map, through the command line manager.
    Then restart the server.

16. Nick78111

Nick78111 Member

Im sure there is a "schedule a server wipe" option somewhere. Even if there isn't you can just contact support and im sure they would wipe it if you asked.

17. Cake

Cake Active Member

This looks like tcadmin? I do not have much experience using it as a user, but when I was using it with admin access there was an option to launch a steam update. If you can find the button for it you should be able to do a clean install of gmod. Tcadmin is also weird with command lines, I suggest you have a look at yours.