1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

v 2.5.x Getting started with Hammer (Map making )

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Pab14567, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

Yes I know it's meant for CS:GO, but I will give a brief explanation as to what to do with gmod hammer

Go into your main gmod directory and go the "bin" folder so it'll be

steamapps/common/Garry's Mod/bin /hammer.exe

open up hammer and just follow the tutorial through, it's the same thing, really.

Just different types of engine versions and different textures but the making of the map part is still the same.

Also if you're using compile pal and you ran cs:source

make sure to open up counter strike source first, or you can run the sdk content ( download source sdk 2009 from steam ) and run it and when you open compile pal you'll have the option to choose between Counter Strike Source or Cs:go.

Pick Counter Strike source because css and gmod are identical when it comes to mapping

*********************************PART 2*********************************************

I missed a few things and didn't cover all of the light entity but it's okay, it's a basic tutorial for people who know nothing of hammer and want to get started :)

List of skybox textures :
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive_Sky_List

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

You seem a bit nervous in the making of this video. =)

3. Pab14567

I actually wasn't.

Just sometimes, I stutter :b.

4. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

Ah, I see. Anyhow, appreciate the helpful thread!

5. Pab14567

I don't know if I should continue this or not, or if people are finding this helpful or not. Need feedback. I would like to, but need feedback.