1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

v 2.5.x How to use persistence (Permanent props)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by LordiAnders, Dec 16, 2014.

1. LordiAnders

LordiAnders Active Member

FIRST YOU NEED TO BUY MY 10$ PERMA PRO-
    Actually no. Believe it or not, this is built into Gmod. You should stop buying perma prop addons

So what is persistence? A bit self explanatory. It makes props "persist" even between map changes.

You may have noticed this option when holding C and right clicking on a prop:
    [​IMG]
    Yeah. This is exactly what im talking about.

So first, spawn the amount of props you so desire, position and angle them like you want.
    [​IMG]

Afterwards, hold C and right click on the props you've spawned, and pick "Make Persistent".

Once you are done making all the props you want persistent, reload the map by typing changelevel <mapname> into the server console. (Doing "exit" or "quit" or "restarting" through server control panels does NOT work (It may or may not. Although, all the control panels ive seen has failed so far)!)
    [​IMG]

Once done, the server will reload the map (or change, if you oddly enough typed in a different map).
    And as expected, the props are still there!
    [​IMG]

The persistence save file will be located in garrysmod\data\persist\<mapname>_.txt
    WARNING: It is suggested you make a backup of this file once you have finished making all the props you want permanent, because if the map gets cleaned, or the props somehow get removed, you will have to start over.

Many people have been led to believe that persistence served no purpose, and many doesnt even believe it works. You dont need a perma prop addon from scriptfodder, or wherever you get your addons from. It is waste of money.

Matryan likes this.
  2. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

NOTE

This won't work unless sbox_persist is set to 0!
    Open the server console and enter this command to make sure it works:
    sbox_persist 1

Acel_ [RUS] likes this.
  3. Referee

Referee New Member

Thanks, 5+, you very much helped me, you the good person.;)

4. God

God New Member

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220336312

Take this and subscribe to it. If you rent a server it should pop up in your FTP files after its done downloading. If you host it on your own, you need to locate the files containing these addons and place them into the addons folder.

Then its just as simple as starting your server, going to the tools bar, scrolling down to perms props, and click on "perma props" then the tool gun will appear. There you can click any prop you want and it automatically changes to perma prop!

Its not faster, but better than having to mess around with the files to try to change the persist amount.

Hope this also help anyone who see this thread!

5. LordiAnders

LordiAnders Active Member

@God
    Messing with the files isn't mandatory, all I'm saying is that you should make a backup of the file, in the event that one of your admins decides to clear the map, which will screw up your saved props.

6. God

God New Member

I understand, I am just making meer suggestions about stuff I have done now or in the past.