1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Job categories wont show in f4 menu

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by [JLG] Sydney, Dec 5, 2017.

1. [JLG] Sydney

[JLG] Sydney New Member

So I've been messing out with darkrp and I'm trying to make a job category but when I get on gmod and darkrp it wont show

DarkRP.createCategory{
    name = "Staff Jobs",
    categorises = "jobs",
    startExpanded = true,
    color = Color(0, 0, 0, 255),
    canSee = function(ply) return table.HasValue({"superadmin", "admin", "moderator", "tmod", "dev"}, ply:GetNWString("usergroup")) end,
    sortOrder = 10
    }

That's the code and I don't see whats wrong with it

2. Frozen Banana

Frozen Banana Member

And there's no errors we could have? I'm not very good at finding problems myself but errors could possibly help us out.

3. Trinity

Trinity Member

1. Do you have a job in the category as a place holder?
    2. you should add a comma after the sortOrder line
    3. Check your console for Lua errors and report back
    4. please provide us with a pastebin that links to the job(s) in that category

4. anas ellemti

anas ellemti New Member

there is tree possibility of this ( i did have loooot of problem hit "DarkRPmodification" ) this is the only advice i cane give you i not working i can't wast time ( you need to learn from your mistake like me)

1-when adding a category restart the server
    2-se if the name of the category is the same as the job categery
    3-using this website (https://fptje.github.io/glualint-web/) it help me allout . ( so this correct you shit because sometime human forget shit like ( this " when you do a job name . . ect)

( and remember searcher for way to fix your shit befor posting in here . because some times you will wait a log time (2-4days ) for someone to answer you

5. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. You are just posting all over this forum telling them to basically fix their own issues instead of actually helping them. You are a nuisance.

6. anas ellemti

anas ellemti New Member

so you tell me that you don't want me to help the people ho need help .

second i was having this problem for not showing the category it because of not restarting the server or having a wrong category or the job is not having te same name of the category .

and now what am doing because i did have this problem

and if the solution is not working other people gona help hime

7. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

8. anas ellemti

anas ellemti New Member

1-when adding a category restart the server
    2-se if the name of the category is the same as the job categery
    3-using this website (https://fptje.github.io/glualint-web/) it help me allout . ( so this correct you shit because sometime human forget shit like ( this " when you do a job name . . ect)

9. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

Not my point. You're literally just telling people to use google in several other posts and they need to, quote on quote, "learn from your mistake like me". Also, you have no idea what the person is even talking about. As seen here; http://forum.darkrp.com/threads/f1-f2-f4-f5-etc-buttons-not-working.10424/#post-39552 and here; http://forum.darkrp.com/threads/is-...op-them-from-spawning-props.10423/#post-39573

I'm sorry to come off strong, but it's just like you are only posting nonsense. Your English isn't the best, so it's understandable.

10. anas ellemti

anas ellemti New Member

i just give my advice he try it or leave am not forcing him to to this.

and am telling them to google it because some of the answer are already on google