1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

My dark rp server hosting story

Discussion in 'Player General Chat' started by alemismun, Mar 4, 2017.

?

Do you think I did the right thing?

1. Yes!

2. No!

3. No! (Because you wiped the old server)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. alemismun

alemismun New Member

After reading falcos thoughts on how dark rp should be I opened a server that (did not exactly follow it to the letter but was pretty close) was like that!
    Well, a week passed my top player list was 6 all of them got banned in the same day for trying to crash the server.
    But I did not give up, I was sure people would come in, after all I placed a lot of work into special cool stuff that make the rp much more "realistic" (Realism is not the say as restriction, who says that a police officer can't own a house or get a printer?) well; another week passed and I was really low on morale and budget, so I took a look at what servers got the most donations (All I want is enough to keep the server up float (10$) and....
    Look at that, servers that are about one specific thing and totally utterly restrict you to do anything else generate huge amounts of money, so what did I do? Give up on the idea of freedom in rp? Aw hell no! Instead I wiped out my whole server and made it one of those.
    But not to be an admin there or anything, to get enough donations from THAT server to pay for both!
    And so there goes the story on how you can't keep a server up on beliefs.

[UPDATE]

Well, now my host corenet.io, the cheapest and also surprisingly the fastest one I could find (I'm paying 9£/mo (7£ for the first month because I had a 15% off code 15OFF) for 30 slots) is having financial trouble and might shut down...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  2. RadTJ123

RadTJ123 New Member

I know how you feel, having a not very active server, my highest count is 10. Haven't had more than 5 since. I recently saw the thing on the whole good formula and adapted my server to be similar, not word for word.

3. MaccyD

MaccyD Member

My server's are all fully custom following all seriousrp, i let everyone have their freedom though, that follows my belief and i get an average of 28-36 players per day, just keep trying bud

4. alemismun

alemismun New Member

Well, now I'm hosting a war RP one... (Its just TDM (because Im not good at scripting and I don't have anyone to help) but don't let people know), let's hope it brings money, also I'm gonna update the story because a huge plot twist just happened.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017