1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Release NLR Sphere

Discussion in 'DarkRP Addon & Plugin Releases' started by n00bmobile, Aug 10, 2016.

1. n00bmobile

n00bmobile Active Member

[​IMG]

Really, do I need to explain what this does? Alright, you die then this addon warns you about breaking the New Life Rule. Of course that you will try to test your limits and you will be unhappy to see a gigantic dome (that's in fact a sphere). Once you step into it, you will have some time (configurable) to get out or you will get punished (configurable: freeze, kick or ban). The screen also turns black and white and all of that.​
    • Configurable punishment, time and all of that shit.
    • A dome (or sphere, whatever you wanna call it) that just looks fucking badass determinating where the player can't go.
    • Multiple NLR locations, of course.
    • Admins can remove NLR locations from players, in case they suffered RDM or whatever.
    • I don't know, but there has to be something more.
    Seriously, if you think this is not good enough, kill yourself. Just kidding, feel free to comment down your opinion and suggestions. Also, this is a DarkRP Module. You can install it just as a normal addon, don't worry.

P.S: If you say this is a leak, I'll kill you and your entire family. Make sure you check before accusing people of doing bad stuff.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Yogosh, creator_2013 and sergun26 like this.
  2. SlenderDaddy

SlenderDaddy Member

Damn looks nice. Good job

3. sergun26

sergun26 New Member

Awesome, thank you so much!

4. Bubble Buddy

Bubble Buddy New Member

5. creator_2013

creator_2013 New Member

Is it possible to make a setting that admins can't get the spheres and that you can remove you own spheres per command. And is it possible that no sphere will come if the player was revived by an defibrillator?

6. n00bmobile

n00bmobile Active Member

A setting that removes NLR Spheres from admins would lead to admin abuse. There's already a command to remove all NLR Spheres from a player, my fault that I haven't mentioned it (Search in the F1 menu or in the code for the command). The defibrillator is not a default DarkRP Weapon, you'll have to adapt the addon to work with it.

7. creator_2013

creator_2013 New Member

I know that there is a command, but the command does not work for youself. It would be useful when you test something. To the removing spheres from admins: But what about Admins on duty? (I know there is a godmode)

8. n00bmobile

n00bmobile Active Member

I'll think on something.

9. Yogosh

Yogosh New Member

Got a bug for you. When you have any window open (eg. f4 menu, or freeze message from nlr) and you get killed, you cannot close nlr message window (the one that says don't come into the sphere for 300 seconds and shit). Only way to close is to manually close whole gmod, you cannot click anything in-game.

10. n00bmobile

n00bmobile Active Member

That's a bug with Garry's Mod, nothing from my addon. I've updated the addon not long ago, redownload it and this won't happen again.

11. Yogosh

Yogosh New Member

K, thanks

12. Dookie

Dookie New Member

Is there anyway i could make it were the nlr sphere doesnt appear after you die in spawn and during the purge?
    Also is there anyway to make it not appear when you kill yourself.

13. n00bmobile

n00bmobile Active Member

Hey yo:
    1. I'll think about not making it appear after you die on spawn.
    2. The purge isn't naturally present within DarkRP, but it shouldn't be hard for you to add suport to it by yourself.
    3. Remember that people can suicide right before they get killed, and in this way they could bypass NLR.