1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Release Police Radio

Discussion in 'DarkRP Addon & Plugin Releases' started by LordiAnders, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Robbon

Robbon New Member

Thank you! I saw that but I thought it would of made the text invisible as well.

2. Callum2

Callum2 New Member

Can you add more ways to add it to other jobs like,
    Police,PoliceSer,PoliceChief -- PD FORCE
    then
    Drug cartel mobster , drug cartel boss. -2nd group
    so they both have separate radios.

3. Marex

Marex New Member

Hi, I have CS:GO, CS:S, Half Life 2 Episode 1 and 2, Half Life 2 Deathmatch, Half Life Deathmatch Source and Half Life 2 Lost Coast. Yet for whatever reason the police radios shows up as pink and black squares with no text whatsoever, please help? I do not have the DarkRP addon because the police radio says "2.5.0 only!" but I was wondering if I should get the addon anyway? If not please help

4. MrGrim

MrGrim New Member

I've noticed when setting the material in cl_p_radio.lua, it was missing the .png extension.

So I've changed line 27 to:
    Code (Text):
    surface.SetMaterial(Material(Police_Radio_HUD_Texture_On..".png"))
    and line 39 to:
    Code (Text):
    surface.SetMaterial(Material(Police_Radio_HUD_Texture_Off..".png"))
    This seems to have fixed it for me.

konamikode likes this.
  5. djmuz

djmuz New Member

How can I change the keybind to toggle the radio?

6. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

In the config I'm pretty sure

7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Member

I haven't taken the time to go through the conversation but I"m wondering if it would be possible to add a feature whereby a particular job could somehow hack the police radio feed and hear it directly though not actually say anything (or maybe he could). This would be fantastic and if I absolutely had to I could put in maybe $5 or $10 AUD seeing as it's a special request. I can completely understand if you're not up for it but this is a fantastic addon and that would make it even better.
    Thanks, W.W

8. Why is the icon missing textures for me?

9. LordiAnders

LordiAnders Active Member

Made a update
    -The dreaded "missing icon" issue is now fixed, thank you, @MrGrim for reminding me of my stupidity
    -The occasional startup clientside errors MIGHT be fixed now.

The version checker is now GONE! Remove sv_p_radio_version_check.lua as it is now obsolete. It will keep spamming you about "updating" until you remove it

10. Nukeman

Nukeman New Member

Maybe its just me, but I cant hear any of the other police officers on the radio.........

11. Lannebro

Lannebro New Member

Trying to add radio to all Emergency Services but dosnt work. These are teams that not are cp that i still want in the radio. Medic, Firefighter. Adding them this way --- {"cp","MEDIC","FIREFIGHTER"} Job names are TEAM_MEDIC and TEAM_FIREFIGHTER.. What should i do?

12. Lannebro

Lannebro New Member

Nvm, got it to work by using the cmd like it said in installation.

13. Lamar Okonma

Lamar Okonma New Member

For some reason, I can only hear certain people and no one can hear me :(

14. TheMCBros99

TheMCBros99 New Member

Awesome plugin, but how do I make it so I can see the texture?

15. MyNameIsNotTim

MyNameIsNotTim New Member

This only worked once I added it as a standalone addon. Great simple addon!

16. Herr Shi

Herr Shi New Member

Heyho,

I have a small question.
    First off: I am somewhat new to gLua, though I am learning Lua, but I am very busy, so I need much, much longer to learn single chapter's.
    Secondly(my question): can I somehow add completely other job types, to use this on their own (like one radio of this for Law-Enforcement, one for Rebel's and one for Bandit's and so on and so forth)??

Just curious. :D

Regards,
    -Lili Shi

17. LordiAnders

That is currently not possible at the moment.
    There's an addon on scriptfodder that is capable of allowing multiple teams, if you dont mind spending a few bucks

Otherwise you could end up lucky enough for me to start implementing this

18. FletcherTime

FletcherTime Member

Thanks! This is awesome! For those of you having trouble, what I did was extract the zip into a folder in my addons folder. Then I grabbed the "Police_radio" folder and cut it. Then I pasted it into the darkrpmodification module folder.

19. AustinH

AustinH Member

Police_Radio_Allow_Teams ={"cp","chief","mayor"}--The script will normally use the jobs set by GAMEMODE.CivilProtection. If it doesnt work add the remaining team here
    --^^ These are CHAT COMMANDS!! Not teamnames

This means it's editable.. I will work on a version that should do what you wanted.

20. LordiAnders

Wait, what?