1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

[POLL] Should the animation menu open on reload instead of mouse click?

Discussion in 'DarkRP Features and Code Design' started by (FPtje) Atheos, Feb 22, 2015.

?

Keys animation menu. Move to Reload?

Poll closed Mar 7, 2015.
  1. Keep on left/right mouse

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Move to reload

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  1. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

Neosinos on GitHub suggested that the animation menu in the keys weapon should open on reload instead of left/right mouse click.

Pros of moving to reload:
    - No more accidental opening of animations menu when trying to lock your door/vehicle. This happens a lot with vehicles
    - Will make Reload the "open a menu" key. When looking at a door it will open the door menu, when not looking at a door/vehicle it will open the animations menu.

Cons of moving to reload:
    - Hard to find, especially if you don't know it's been moved
    - It moves the accidental opening from lock/unlocking to opening the door/vehicle menu

What do you think? Vote! Voice your opinion!

2. FiG-Scorn

FiG-Scorn New Member

I believe that moving the menu button to reload will be very beneficial. It used to annoy me whenever the menu would open when I slightly missed the sweet spot on the Jeep. Doing this will make unlocking/locking vehicles and doors faster, as most people just spam it anyway until they here the audio cue that matches that of a defuse kit IIRC.

konamikode and (FPtje) Atheos like this.
  3. TypicalRookie

TypicalRookie Active Member

Even though I voted for the first option, it makes sense to have it in reload to be consistent with the inventory menu.

(FPtje) Atheos likes this.
  4. (FPtje) Atheos

True, I do that too.

5. System

System Active Member

If people dont find the animation and its been on a server befor they will either ask or admins could make an advert(or a forum post) about it for a day or two to inform about the changes.

konamikode likes this.
  6. [XRAY]Blake

[XRAY]Blake Active Member

Why not SHIFT+RMB/LMB

7. PwndKilled

PwndKilled Member

You shouldn't change it, do not change players habit

8. Staticwolf

Staticwolf New Member

i think there needs to be a way to just disable it because sometimes it doesn't even help.

9. [XRAY]Blake

[XRAY]Blake Active Member

I don't know, the iPhone 6 changed its lock button location, as you know, and it sells. No one can do anything about it. If they don't like it, they will have to deal with it.

konamikode likes this.
  10. (FPtje) Atheos

Good point. Let's see what the vote says after a while.

konamikode likes this.
  11. NerdyNA

NerdyNA New Member

Please change it. Whenever I slightly miss the door or I'm a few too many steps back to unlock it, I don't have to close that animation menu.

+1 to change.

12. Bo98

Bo98 Moderator Staff Member Contributor

13. PwndKilled

PwndKilled Member

Dammit

Seriously?

14. (FPtje) Atheos

15. Bo98

Bo98 Moderator Staff Member Contributor

Won by a considerable margin (72%).

16. Jkarateking

Jkarateking Member

Maybe there should be an option in settings.lua which you either enable reload key for open animation menu or disable.

17. Colefrick

Colefrick Member

Why not just make the animations its own menu? Like have it as an optional command...

18. Nameful

Nameful Member

I think the animation menu code should be entirely removed, nobody really uses it, you can do with it the same as you did with zombie mod.

19. (FPtje) Atheos

I use it a lot myself.

20. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

As do I myself, most of the time.
    As for this idea. I like it. It should have it's own command. OR have users want to have it available for users to use or not.(disabled by owner )