1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Question By Occasion DarkRP

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by [WinLife] WayZer, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Why is darkrp still on umsg.
    Is there a version of darkrp without using umsg. ?

2. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

Very good question. I was pressed to convert everything to net messages, which I mostly did, but then for things like notifications I found that third party addons started to break. It turned out that they reimplemented the notifications by listening to the umsgs. I decided to revert that.

Umsgs are limited, but for the uses in DarkRP they shouldn't cause any trouble. Any reason why you'd want them switched over in particular?

3. umsg. is outdated. I'm going to keep 100 players on darkrp, for this I try to update / improve the server to the maximum.

Keep the server on the old umsg. - awful

4. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

umsg shouldn't cause any issues in DarkRP. Unless of course, they remove it.

Why is it "awful"?

Besides umsg being limited, there is no difference between netmessage and umsg from the Lua state. Although, there could be a difference internally with the way it reads/writes.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  5. (FPtje) Atheos

Moving from umsgs to net isn't going to make your server faster. They're outdated, but not harmful. What's the point?

6. Hmm .. If it really does not help me to speed up the server, then it makes no sense to switch to net. no. But still, I would like to see instead umsg. new net.
    Now all the popular projects make such an "update" in their darkrp
    I also do not think to stay on the old and decided to pointerisovatsya about the update darkrp

7. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

It's not just about what you would like to see. As he has stated below;

He did convert mostly everything over to net besides things like notifications. He doesn't want to go through all the trouble of working around third-party add-ons if he doesn't have too. At least I would assume...

The "popular" DarkRPs have nothing to do with rather or not they're using umsg over net. Actually, the majority of the "popular" DarkRPs, such as superiorservers, are their own gamemodes they built from scratch. Until umsg is removed internally, it should not cause any issues within DarkRP.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  8. We have our own popular servers. I'm from Russia. All of them are on the simple DarkRP

9. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

Okay? That's cool, proud of you*slow claps*. Where you're from is completely irrelevant, and no, there are a few popular game servers that are not using DarkRP. They just have their server in the category. For example; SuperiorServers is built from scratch. They're not using Falco's gamemode.

10. I just need darkrp on net.
    If you have one, please provide it to me.

11. (FPtje) Atheos

WHY

Sir Klutch likes this.
  12. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

Here you go; https://www.gmodstore.com/jobs/

Pay someone to convert the changes and if things break, we don't want to hear about it.