1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Release Surrender

Discussion in 'DarkRP Addon & Plugin Releases' started by LordiAnders, Nov 4, 2014.

1. LordiAnders

LordiAnders Active Member

[​IMG]

DarkRP 2.5.0+ only!

Once again, i finally upload something.
    This is something ive had in buried deep inside my files, and i finally decided to make it publicly usable

So what the hell does this do? It allows players to surrender themselves, allowing them to show attackers that he is willing to walk a different path, than dying.
    Other players can also "shout" at another player, as long as they have a weapon thats added to a list of weapons, making them surrender by force (The victim must not have a weapon themselves) (Can be disabled)

Upon entering the surrender state, as shown here, players will have the oportunity to tie the surrendering player, preventing them from moving completly. They can also take all the weapons the player may have (Weapons to be stripped must be defined in a table)

Controls:
    CTRL+SHIFT+E = Surrender prompt [You cannot change this, yet]
    G = Shout at player (Can be changed by the player in Q > Options > Surrendering > Shout key setting)

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Place the contents of the .zip inside your ADDONS folder - whoa, what?

Its likely some errors/glitches might arise, and if thats the case, its much appreciated if you are to report the issue

Ideas are appreciated too, if you find any​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  2. [SPETSNAZ]WillProx

[SPETSNAZ]WillProx New Member

This script is very nice, but make a player who down on the knees the fully-frozen. If you change weapon, you can shoot and run (running on knees look very funny :))

Thank you for script, i hope you would update it

3. LordiAnders

I was missing some files, oops... Its taken care of now

4. Mr.Dexter

Mr.Dexter Member

What would be great to add is a dragging system so you can drag them around, otherwise kinda annoying. Anyways great addon.

How can i change the key for the shouting?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  5. Senateman

Senateman New Member

It says in the post "G = Shout at player (Can be changed by the player in Q > Options > Surrendering > Shout key setting)"

6. Matryan

Matryan Well-Known Member

Hey, this is a really cool addon, thanks for making it.

A few bits of constructive criticism though:
    In the config, where you've got the SurrenderSettings["intimidatingweapons"] table and the SurrenderSettings["weapontostrip"] table, you should really invert it, so you put in weapons that don't get stripped, and weapons that don't intimidate people. It would be much more easy for people to setup for servers that use other weapon packs (Like mine)

You should also make it so police can arrest tied people, I believe this would make some good RP so police can attempt to intimidate, tie and arrest suspects.

7. AustinH

AustinH Member

I agree with Matryan! The Police should be able to arrest tied players, and it's not like it would be hard to add that ;) I recommend you also add some vocals like from combine maybe! I will see if I can find any :D
    Keep up the AWESOME! work man :D The people on my server love it

Matryan likes this.
  8. Matryan

Yeah, make it so if 'ply:isCP' then use the combine noises or something.

9. LordiAnders

Ive done as you asked. The tables can now be reversed (look at the updated config), and people should be arrestable without issues (This only applies if they are tied)

Combine sounds... At first i tried to add sounds when you shout, but it sounded too silly and annoying. I might add it again, who knows?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  10. AustinH

AustinH Member

Alright thanks bro! Put this amazingness on the workshop so it's updated more easily ;)

11. Matryan

Wow, that was quick response, maybe add a bit in the config for shouting sounds too, for people who don't like it?
    Thanks.

12. AustinH

AustinH Member

Did you update the version? My console keeps saying that its outdated, Yet. It's not .-.

13. LordiAnders

Forgot to change the version number... It should be taken care of now

14. AustinH

AustinH Member

Thanks bro :D I love this addon, You should also make a note pop up in the persons chatbox to press Ctrl Shift E when someone shouts at them

15. Mutorials

Mutorials New Member

This is amazing! I was working on my own surrender addon, decided to browse the forums to download some addons and see a surrender addon!
    Seriously, thanks a lot for this, it saves me a lot of time.

EDIT:
    I was playing around with the addon a little and it seems that surrendering doesn't work too well with FA:S2, you can still shoot when you have an FA:S2 gun equipped when you surrender. It seems to be fixed when I created a Think hook where you keep selecting the surrender wep and remove the hook when you stop surrendering.
    I thought it might help letting you know.

Code (Text):
    hook.Add("Think","selectsurrwep",function() self:SelectWeapon("weapon_surrender") end)
    timer.Create("surrender_stop_surrendering"..self:EntIndex(),surrtime,1,function()
            if IsValid(self) then
                hook.Remove("Think","selectsurrwep")

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  16. LordiAnders

I dont actually use FA:S2... Although, yeah... I should probably add that

EDIT: Ive added the "fix" because it was something i needed anyway.
    I havent tested it yet, but it should work just fine

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  17. Sturm-Falke101

Sturm-Falke101 New Member

Any reason bone manipulations don't play most of the time on my server? You just stand there with your hands down. Tie down also isnt using an animation.
    I've seen it work, but not consistantly.

18. LordiAnders

Its because the model the player is currently using doesnt have a bone called ValveBiped.Bip01_R_Foot
    The reason why this even happens is for the sake of preventing errors. However, i might be able to remove that workaround at the cost of maybe producing absurd results (What am i thinking? Atleast trying is better than leaving people to just stand there).

19. Sturm-Falke101

Sturm-Falke101 New Member

20. Mr.Dexter

Mr.Dexter Member

Will you ever add a way to move people? As at them moment they have to untie and people run