1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Release Surrender

Discussion in 'DarkRP Addon & Plugin Releases' started by LordiAnders, Nov 4, 2014.

1. LordiAnders

LordiAnders Active Member

If I ever update this, then I'll see if I can allow all the bone manipulations without errors, and fix the somewhat rare incorrect manipulations, as well as a variable to control the shout command

2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Member

Tell me when you do update it because I really want this addon on my server but it seems incompatible with the playermodels I use so I'm gonna have to remove it.

3. LordiAnders

Right
    -Made the bone manipulations check each bone and apply the manipulation, instead of checking one bone and applying
    -Each bone on playermodels will now be looped through and be fully reset, this should prevent the odd... "Neck twisters" is what i call it
    -Added canshout to settings

And oh yeah, i moved from dropbox to simple attachments instead. For some reason they spam people about registering now.
    Also be sure to get rid of sv_version_check.lua as it is now obsolete

4. [WD] Frany

[WD] Frany New Member

What do you mean about obsolete?

5. LordiAnders

What i mean is that it is no longer used. It will keep repeating that a update is available from now on, which is why im saying you should remove it

6. Mr.Dexter

Mr.Dexter Member

i wanted to make so only vip+ can force players to surreder

7. LordiAnders

if ply:GetNWString("usergroup") != "vip+" then return false end

8. Benny

Benny New Member

cool addon, I like the functionality of it. Being able to make it police only, forcing you to have an item to tie people, etc.
    Keep it up!

9. System

System Active Member

Lovely addon +1

10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Member

Still doesn't work with my playermodels..

11. LordiAnders

Strange. Well, I tried and guess it didn't work. Either your playermodels have some really absurd bone names, or something might be screwing with the bone manipulation functions

12. AustinH

AustinH Member

Hey Lordi, Could this be easily turned into a 'Carjacking' addon as well? Instead of looking at a person you would look at a car (with a player in it) and 'force' them to get out then surrender. Would love to see that! Just an idea tho. :)

13. [HZ]Sgt. jbierwagen

[HZ]Sgt. jbierwagen New Member

Can someone do a video about this?

14. System

System Active Member

Just download it and try it yourself?

15. [HZ]Sgt. jbierwagen

but why get DarkRP then get a server all to see a few animations when there is most likely someone where who has the script in their own server already who could take a quick video?

16. AustinH

AustinH Member

How about you run it locally you lazy ding bat

17. [HZ]Sgt. jbierwagen

because im a lazy ding bat, but you are right, completely forgot about doing it locally

18. SweetAqua

SweetAqua New Member

But dude, how do i ziptie them or take their weapon??? u havent said that, otherwise great addon

19. LordiAnders

Im fairly certain that i made a text appear when looking at a surrendering/tied player, reading "Press USE to to interact"

20. n00bmobile

n00bmobile Active Member

Yes, you made a text. The newest GMod version broke your addon, the text doesn't appear and you can't tie anymore, only surrender.

PS: NWVars are getting changed all the time, I recommend using Net Librabry instead :p
    The wiki recently added this to every NWVars category:

WARNING!
    This function no longer sends FLOATING POINT values. You'll have to use Entity:SetNWFloat for that.