1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

The problem with Star Wars RP

Discussion in 'Player General Chat' started by ThaBullfrog, Sep 17, 2017.

1. ThaBullfrog

ThaBullfrog New Member

x-post from https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1578971&p=52690241

I actually think Star Wars RP has the potential to be fun, but obviously it is plagued with issues. I am considering starting my own server that will be very different and hopefully can fix the biggest problems. Answer the questions below to help me figure out the "do"s and "don't"s of Star Wars RP or RP in general.

1. What is the #1 biggest issue with Star Wars RP servers?

2. How would you solve it?

3. What is the best thing (if you think there's any good thing) about Star Wars RP?

4. Any other ideas?

Here's mine:

1. What is the #1 biggest issue with Star Wars RP servers?
    Annoying people with power. Star Wars RP servers seem to consist of 80% kids who get off on bossing people around.

2. How would you solve it?
    A vote system. You get 2 votes. 1 regiment vote and 1 general vote. You start out voting for yourself, but you can choose to support a friend. Regiment votes can only be used on someone in your regiment. The person with the most regiment votes is made the Captain. 2nd place is Lieutenant. Etc. The person with the most general votes is the general/supreme commander of the whole army. Also absolutely no donating for power.

3. What is the best thing (if you think there's any good thing) about Star Wars RP?
    The unique mix of FPS, Social Engineering, and screwing around with friends.

4. Any other ideas?
    I think servers should be more PvP focused. PvE events tend to suck.

2. Derek Peanuts

Derek Peanuts Member

I like your look on SWRP. From someone who has been interested about opening a server up, this insight has been very eye opening. Thanks.