1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Working on server, Suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Player General Chat' started by Brittishjelyfish (dcm), Mar 11, 2017.

1. So, this is my second time hosting a DarkRP server, i have a very basic understanding of lua but enough for myself to get by. (*Hint Hint* I want a mentor *nudge nudge*)
    I'm a little sick of the standard town setting of darkRP, but I dont like the ultra serious nature of things like starwarsRP, I really like the DarkRP system, and I figured i'd mix it up a bit.

So heres what I currently have in development.

The basic premise is that there are two teams that are fighting for control of the map, which has around 3 towns and a large factory, (zombiesurvival_mojave)

I want to have an emphasis on PVE combat vs zombies, I basically want it to replace money printers, as killing an NPC gives you $10(by default), and is more engaging than just idling.

I only want admins to get involved in disputes if somone is being an absolute minge and ruining the experience for other players. I want most disputes to be handled by players In character.

I'm still deciding whether or not I should have civilian classes for each team, but I will have a team neutral class that is encouraged to use /job for RPing, although any job can use /job, failrp isnt really a thing.

What do you guys think?
    What suggestions would you reccomend for this type of server?
    Is this a bad idea?

Thanks!

2. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

Just let people use /job or unless you feel like they'd abuse it and do something like /job God and they say that they can't get killed just because of it ( I've seen it happen before ).
    If you want to replace Money Printers and since you can't have too many npc's or else well. Crash.

I'd say atleast 10$ per npc kill. Since you're going to encourage Player vs Ai and since you're probably going to fill up the server with a lot of zombies, 10$ is enough. If a player gets 55 kills, then that right there is 550$ easily.

You could bump it up to like 11$ but don't go past 15$. That's too much money someone can make easily, or could just a simple aimbot key or auto trigger ;), so be on the look out for that.

3. Thank you lord Pab.

4. Pab14567

If you need some changes to the map , hit me up with permission from the author of the map and the vmf

5. I dont need any edits to the map, it's pretty perfect for my server, but i certainly need help with lua. Right now i'm trying to make a script that executes a command, waits 10 minutes, executes another command and then closes until run again (from ulx or as its own command) I have never worked with lua before (besides copy/paste) and I dont realpy know where to start. :/

6. Pab14567

well with con command its a bit easier than making ulx.

Just use
    Code (Lua):
     concommand.Add("some_command_here", function(ply, cmd, args)
    --do stuff here
    --also timer.create stuff here
    end )

7. Thanks man!

8. MaccyD

MaccyD Member

Code (Text):

timer.Create("TImerName",0,10,function()
    -- Insert Command Here
    end)

^^ runs a command every 10 seconds