1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Alpha Basic Christmas Event

Discussion in 'DarkRP Addon & Plugin Releases' started by Frozen Banana, Dec 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Frozen Banana

Frozen Banana Member

65fb2522219076d7bd922952b3798db9.png
    So this is a very basic event system that I just made for DarkRP.

How to use:
    Admin has to spawn it at a hidden location.
    After you have spawned it, you could either tell people too look for it. I was supposed to add so it announce when you spawn it but I didn't manage to get it right.
    When a player finds the hat, they press E on it for a 50.000$ reward.
    It will also announce: [EVENT] Santa: My present has been found. Thanks everyone that searched for it!

It's a very basic script but probably the only free event addon for darkrp servers.
    Feel free to edit it and also if there's any way I could improve it. please tell me so I can get better at coding.

Installation:
    drag and drop the christmas_event folder into garrysmod\garrysmod\darkrpmodification\lua\entities.

PS: You can also edit init.lua if you want to change the color and the reward at the top of the script.
    cl_init.lua if you want to change the message!

Hope you enjoy it and Merry Christmas! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Moto

Moto New Member

Hi,
    You made a mistake on line 16 of init.lua
    Code (Text):
     self:SetModel("model models/items/cs_gift.mdl")
    change it too
    Code (Text):
     self:SetModel("models/items/cs_gift.mdl")

3. Frozen Banana

Frozen Banana Member

That must be a typo, i can write stuff twice sometimes. my bad. I updated the file