1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Can someone make some DarkRP jobs for me?!

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by Chan, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Chan

Chan New Member

Hello!

Im starting a DarkRP server and im almost done, got the models, maps etc. But......
    Everytime I want to add costum jobs it keeps giving lua errors and I spawn as a black figure!
    It's everytime it's a other error!

So the question is!
    Can someone make me some DarkRP? That's not because im lazy, but the fact that im so tired after working on it for 1 week! I know how to put the weapons and models in so don't worry about that!

If you help me with this you will get a rank on my server <3

Jobs:

- Citizen
    - Thief
    - Police
    - S.W.A.T
    - S.W.A.T Commander
    - Mob boss
    - Gun dealer
    - Medic
    - DJ
    - Skater
    - Staff on duty

Thank you so much for helping me!
    - Regards, Chan

2. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

Mob Boss, Medic, Gun Dealer, Citizen, and Police are all default darkrp classes.

3. sounds like your lazy imo. one week isn't a long time.
    its not hard either, just look at your errors first.
    if you don't know how to make the jobs look up the wiki.

4. Chan

Chan New Member

I already searched on Wiki but nothing helped.... Aldo I have a question!
    Should I put the jobs in the gamemode folder [Jobrelated.lua] or in de darkrp modification folder [Jobs.lua]?
    Because nothing worked fine for me!

5. anathemA

anathemA New Member

Please do not touch anything in the darkRP folder
    edit:
    It goes in jobs.lua

6. Pierrezzz7

Pierrezzz7 New Member

Yo don't act stupid 1 week is nothing of hard work copy to clipboard is nothing either and jobs is only ''the basics'' learn before you start a darkrp server that is probably home hosted too

TEAM_THIEF = DarkRP.createJob("Thief", { <---Name -_-
    color = Color(109, 109, 109, 255), <--- Color
    model = "models/player/arctic.mdl", <--- Model DO NOT USE INGAME CSS COPY PAST MODELS they will not work. https://csite.io/tools/gmod-universal-mdl
    description = [[You are a thief, rob people, lockpick their house and steal their plants and legal printers.]], <--Description
    weapons = {"lockpick","pickpocket","keypad_cracker"}, <--- Copy to clipboard and place here "",
    command = "Thief",
    max = 5,
    salary = 100,
    admin = 0, <--- Only admins can use it or nah
    vote = false,
    hasLicense = false,
    category = "Criminals", <---- Go to darkrp modification / Categories and create categories there

customCheck = function(ply) return table.HasValue({"Trial Moderator","Member","VIP",'Head Moderator', "VIP+", "Admin", "Moderator", "Elite Admin", "Head of staff", "Admin", "SeƱor Moderator", "superadmin", "Owner" },ply:GetNWString("usergroup")) end, -- The extra check function. Enter nil or nothing to not have a restriction
    CustomCheckFailMsg = "Join the steam group !steam", -- Allows you to tell the user what went wrong when attempting to switch jobs
    })
    The custom check I have is because of steamGroup reward if you want to make anything VIP or something copy the custom check remove everything i had and replace it with VIP or whatever your rank is same thing goes for admin on duty jobs you replace it with the ULX rank that is there

This should kick start you but if you feel that you are really stupid and require mental assistance there is the automated job shipment maker stuff right here waiting for you to use it or start using the ''brain'' you are blessed with and put it to good use. :)

https://csite.io/tools