1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Release DarkRP - Realistic Pickpocketing Swep

Discussion in 'DarkRP Addon & Plugin Releases' started by Sir Klutch, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

[​IMG]

Features

Click to start pickpocketing

SLAM pose but with overridden aim and head poseparams.

While pickpocketing, if target faces you (view ang diff < 90 degrees) then pickpocket will fail.

If the target leaves your aim/distance (by either walking away or by you moving away, anything that takes your aim off the victim or that takes you outside of arm's reach), then pickpocket will fail.

When you're getting pickpocketed you don't know about it, but you can do a few easy things to avoid it; Turn around, walk away, or run away.

If you're the pickpocketer then you have to do a few things for the duration of the pick in order to have success; Stay aiming at your victim for the full duration of the attempt; Stay within arm's reach of your victim for the full duration (~1 meter) and Stay roughly behind or out of view of the victim (stay behind or to the side, obviously can't be in front of the person)

If your victim moves, it's not an automatic failure IF you can react quick enough and follow their movements nearly perfectly (which is hard but not impossible)

If you succeed, you hear a little sound and take a random amount of money from them then a little while later they get a chat message that notifies them of the loss (you feel as if you're missing whatever)

If you fail, they get a notification that someone tried to pickpocket them

Cops within range and sight will get a chat msg that they witnessed Pickpocketers Name trying to pickpocket Victims Name

While you have the SWEP out, you just have the normal pose just like keys or pocket and such when you start pickpocketing, you go into the sneaky pose.

When you succeed, you do the grab animation and then quickly revert to the normal pose.

The timed notification for the victim is configurable, the cash amount is configurable, the cop jobs and cop distance is configurable, the pick time is configurable.

Client side 'money explosion' effect.

Footage
    https://i.gyazo.com/93c1e80caeb7c0a909c38d689ee8ee75.mp4
    https://i.gyazo.com/9e8211908038e5b1fab00248d6dbda3d.mp4
    https://i.gyazo.com/80636a5460228a2f662164b90d5b21d8.mp4

Download Link
    https://github.com/SirKlutch/klutch_drp_pickpocketing/archive/master.zip

Last Update: 2/23/2018​

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

God damn, that's clever

WhiteHat and Sir Klutch like this.
  3. WhiteHat

WhiteHat New Member

Very nicely done! :)

4. Trackster

Trackster Member

You know what that comes on our DarkRP server for thief

WhiteHat likes this.
  5. Inblackandwhite

Inblackandwhite New Member

How do I install this onto my server?

6. Instakill

Instakill New Member

I love this. This is a very great step up to the original.

7. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

Drop the folder labeled "klutch_drp_pickpocketing" into your addons folder.

8. Inblackandwhite

Inblackandwhite New Member

I put "klutch_drp_pickpocketing_master" into \Garrysmod/addons/(folder) but I don't see it in any of the weapon tabs or anything.

9. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

I didn't add the weapon to any categories. You will either need to go to lua\weapons\weapon_pickpocket.lua and find line 38 then uncomment it or spawn the weapon yourself via lua or ulx ent.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 10, 2018 ---
    Updated... Forgot to change the entity class for the pose override hook.

10. Trackster

Trackster Member

Hey Sir Klutch, we put the addon on our server, but the weapon does not appear in our list and we cant find it..any idea?

11. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

I didn't add the weapon to any categories. You will either need to go to lua\weapons\weapon_pickpocket.lua and find line 38 then uncomment it or spawn the weapon yourself via lua or ulx ent. I will update the addon now to add it to a category.

12. Trackster

Trackster Member

lol ok, isnt the addon kinda useless then if you can spawn it? :D XD

13. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

What? You cannot just "spawn it" unless you have administrative powers. The swep is meant to be added to a class such as thief.

14. Trackster

Trackster Member

i know. but for that i need it to be in the Q menu so i can copy to clipboard. and its not in the Q menu at all

15. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

You realize you could just go to lua/weapons then copy the weapon class that way, right? Lol... Download the newer version. It should add it to a category for you.

16. Trackster

Trackster Member

ya i know. But people who dont know lua would have a problem..

17. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

Finding the directory of the weapon has nothing to do with understanding "lua".

18. Trackster

Trackster Member

like i said, the weapon didnt appear in our Q menu (it does now with the new version)
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 17, 2018 ---
    Uh..dude? We restarted out server and your addon worked great the whole time, but now its spamming this error and we have a constantg lua error, we dont have a weapon HUD anymore, sooo..uh please fix?

[ERROR] addons/klutch_drp_pickpocketing-master/lua/autorun/darkrp_pickpocket_client.lua:10: Tried to use a NULL entity!
    1. GetClass - [C]:-1
    2. fn - addons/klutch_drp_pickpocketing-master/lua/autorun/darkrp_pickpocket_client.lua:10
    3. unknown - addons/ulib-v2_63/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:109

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  19. Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  20. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

I don't care, really. It's already made public. Lol

Thank you though!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 22, 2018 ---
    Do you have the handcuffs addon?

Edit: Whoops, forget isvalid check. That should fix the error.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018