1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Editing darkrp commands without editing core files?

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by Munch, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Munch

Munch New Member

I would like to add a reason to /lockdown, I have it in 2.4.3 so I don't need any code I'm just wondering how to go about editing an already existing command.

Would it work if I disabled the chatcommand with DarkRP.removeChatCommand and then re-created the command in a module?

2. computer22

computer22 Community Staff Staff Member Server Owner

3. Munch

Munch New Member

What? They are completely different questions if you looked? I am asking how to EDIT a command WITHOUT editing the core files. I am also asking would it work if I was to REMOVE the command and then RE-CREATE IT.

As you can see in this topic I mentioned that I know how to use DarkRP.removeChatCommand as I learnt how to use it in the previous thread you linked?

4. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

Yes, this is the preferred approach.

5. Munch

Munch New Member

But if I was to disable the lockdown command then re-create another lockdown command (same command text wise) would it not remove the new one too requiring me to teach everyone it is now /startlockdown or something?

6. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

It won't remove it if you add it after you've removed it.