1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

GERMAN SERVER // Nova Community Dark RP Server bald wieder online! Akatsuki is back! \\

Discussion in 'Community & Server introduction' started by ION4S, Feb 24, 2015.

1. ION4S

ION4S New Member

// Nova Community Dark RP Server bald wieder online! Akatsuki is back! \\

Der Nova Community Dark RP Server wird Samstag wieder online sein, da sich Akatsuki dazu entschieden hat den Server wieder zum Leben zu erwecken! Der Server wird genau 100 Player Slots haben, was bedeutet das er dann zu den größten Dark RP Servern in Garrys Mod gehören wird [wenn nicht sogar der größte] ! Samstag werde ich im Forum die Server IP und den genauen Namen veröffentlichen! Fragen bitte in die Diskussion! Der Server wird 100 Prozentig nicht laggen, das garantieren wir euch!

Euer Pressesprecher der Nova Community Dark RP !

ION4S

2. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

I hate nationalistic servers.

3. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

;):cool:

4. ION4S

ION4S New Member

Its not nationalistic, its only a german server!

5. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

I think meant he servers that aren't English and etc

6. (FPtje) Atheos

I don't mind servers not being English. You can have the default language set to any one language, but I hate the attitude that says "no non-Germans allowed". I've been kicked and banned from plenty of German AND French servers for this stupid reason, despite the fact that I can make myself (although terribly) clear in both languages.

7. (FPtje) Atheos

You should have posted this thread on saturday then, and by "Forum" I hope you mean this one.

8. Trackster

Trackster Member

to be fair, if you run a german server (and its in gmod) most players are little kids...and little kids cant speak english. Snf if someone english joins who cant speak german the its just gonna mess the whole rp up

9. (FPtje) Atheos

The only thing messing up RP in those situations is the bad attitude. You can have great fun with someone who doesn't speak your language if you actually RP.

10. Trackster

Trackster Member

yyeeaaaaa no.

If someone speaks only english, and joins on a german server, and lets say...german person playing police and wants to arrest the english user, or simply tell them something to stop it, the english guy simply has no idea what hes saying..so he either continues or is confused...either he can speak german and its all good or he cant and everything messes up...

For example, just today some english guy joined our server. He had no idea what german is..and even when we talked to him in english he didnt got it...he disconnected after 5 minutes of support talking with literally no point or goal...

11. (FPtje) Atheos

Either they speak German and you can speak German with them, or they don't and you conclude that the only possible outcome is that everything gets messed up. That's nonsense. Look at dungeons and dragons, a tabletop RP game. The fact that different creatures speak different languages and sometimes can't understand one another is in the manual of the bloody game. Think of actual cops who deal with people not speaking their language on a regular basis.

You can have great fun RPing with language barriers. When done well it can lead to hilarious situations. When the English user doesn't understand the cop, just arrest them or follow them around and shout "NEIN" in the microphone when they're close to doing it again. Hit them with the stunstick while shouting angry German words if they don't listen. Get more cops and have them beat the shit out of them if that doesn't work. Then reward good brhaviour by shouting "JAAA" though the mic.

When done well you can have tons of fun.

Look for instance how much fun these people are having:

12. Trackster

Trackster Member

for

sounds kinda racism to beat the hell out of someone because they dont speak your language....

13. (FPtje) Atheos

Not racism, just beating the shit out of people who refuse to listen to authority. Such is ideal life in DarkRP.

14. Trackster

Trackster Member

because they dont speak your language? so much people would get killed in real life...

15. (FPtje) Atheos

People don't die when you beat the shit out of them if you use the left mouse button.

The point is not to take it seriously. Pretend to have a corrupt police corps who intimidate people to do weird things. Tell someone to start dancing while shooting at the floor under their feet. Follow someone around who doesn't speak you language and shout "NEIN" and hit them with stunsticks if they do something you don't like.

It's a game meant to be as silly as possible, not a simulation of real life.

16. Trackster

Trackster Member

no its about not breaking any rules as strict as possible...also, theres corrupt police even on people who speak the same language. so meh

17. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

DarkRP was never meant to be taken seriously. Sure, some rules can be applied, however, if someone wants to be a corrupt cop, let them. If someone wants to "break nlr" then so be it. The game mode was made to have fun, not follow a strict set of rules.

18. Trackster

Trackster Member

never said that, but breaking nlr is shit..if someone is dead, then in darkrp, and in real life. is dead..and doesnt come back after 1 minute

19. (FPtje) Atheos

What does real life have to do with DarkRP? When you die, you respawn, and you get to do whatever.

20. Trackster

Trackster Member

thats pretty much how every game works ._.