1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Gun/Money Drop

Discussion in 'Modder General Chat' started by darien, Jan 13, 2015.

1. darien

darien New Member

So I am the developer on a server for DarkRP, and me and the owner had a discussion about weapons/money drops. He wants to make it so that when you die, you lose your gun, it disappears, with no chance of getting it back. I thought that this may drive away some players, while he said it would decrease RDM. Furthermore, I wanted to implement money drop so that people would actually use an ATM instead of hoarding money on them since they cant lose it. He said money dropping was even worse that guns dropping and that when you die, the money you had on you should disappear, or a fraction of it should go missing. I want to know what you guys think is the best for a server. Also, to kill two bird with one stone, I would appreciate it if someone told me how to make it so that a percentage of your money that you have on you disappears on death?

2. Derek Peanuts

Derek Peanuts Member

I know in the configs you can change how much money drops.
    But......
    I think you should add ATMs.
    And your owner should stop worrying about RDM it's going to happen if you keep the guns on the ground or not.

3. Matryan

Matryan Well-Known Member

This will remove the money on death, the comments should keep you from getting confused.
    Code (Text):
    local moneyneeded = 0 -- Amount of money needed to lose money.
    local lossofmoney = 8 -- An 8th of his money will be removed.

hook.Add("PlayerDeath", "losemoneyondeath", function(ply)

if not ply:getDarkRPVar("money") >= moneyneeded then return end

ply:addMoney(math.Round(-1 * (ply:getDarkRPVar("money") / lossofmoney)))

end)
    NOT TESTED