1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

HELP ME DARK RP JOB ERROR

Discussion in 'Modder General Chat' started by Chokitu @GbuGaming, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Chokitu @GbuGaming

Chokitu @GbuGaming New Member

Help me, I need to make A Mail Man, Using the module of hitman, but instead of hitman he would just get shipments, in gun dealers and black market shops.

TEAM_MailMan = DarkRP.createJob("Mailman", {
    color = Color(38, 0, 255, 255),
    model = {"models/player/hostage/hostage_02.mdl"},
    description = [[As pessoas encomendam shipments e voce leva para elas,cobre taxas em cima disso]],
    weapons = {""},
    command = "mail",
    max = 5,
    salary = 1000,
    admin = 0,
    vote = false,
    hasLicense = false,

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  2. [GG]Tense!

[GG]Tense! Member

Why did you specifically give the job the ATM card and not make it as a default weapon?

3. Chokitu @GbuGaming

Was just something, but u know how to make it?

4. Hello I will help you I am a server Owner and I know what to do here I will paste the code below and you must COPY it and REPLACE the old one. ALSO I WILL HIGHLIGHT IN RED WHAT HAS BEEN CHANGED.

TEAM_MAILMAN = DarkRP.createJob("Mailman", {
    color = Color(38, 0, 255, 255),
    model = {"models/player/hostage/hostage_02.mdl"},
    description = [[As pessoas encomendam shipments e voce leva para elas,cobre taxas em cima disso]],
    weapons = {""},
    command = "mail",
    max = 5,
    salary = 1000,
    admin = 0,
    vote = false,
    hasLicense = false})

NOW BEFORE YOU COPY IT AND THEN GO AWAY I WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO IN FUTURE FIRST OF ALL AFTER YOU DO THE hasLicense you must put this at the end INSTEAD of a COMMA "})" that means you are closing it off making it a single job and also where you put "TEAM_Mailman" it has to be ALL CAPS so it would be "TEAM_MAILMAN" otherwise the server will not pickup it up.

Hope this helped please rate if it did :D

5. Chokitu @GbuGaming

Okay how Will I do the module for the menu

6. do you mean as in the "Mailman" can go to the F4 Shipments menu and buy entities weapons etc?

7. Chokitu @GbuGaming

No, Its gonna be like this,
    Someone will press "E" On him and just like hitman will pop up a screen with the name of all the dealers, the person is going to choose the dealer she wants,Is gonna tell the mailman what she wants and he is going there to take it for the person

8. CommanderGB7

CommanderGB7 New Member

What if they steal it?

9. Chokitu @GbuGaming

What u mean?

10. CommanderGB7

CommanderGB7 New Member

They steal the delivery

11. Chokitu @GbuGaming

That would be nice, but I don`t know how to do it!
    Cause this happens in live

12. Chokitu @GbuGaming

13. this is more of a custom script but you will need to pay for a custom script so go here https://scriptfodder.com/jobs/ and post a job and developers will make it for yuo but you got to pay for it

14. Matryan

Matryan Well-Known Member

Why must he pay for it? I'm sure there's people around who'd do it for free...

15. Chokitu @GbuGaming

Matryan can you?

16. Matryan

Maybe but you haven't really specified exactly what you want or how it would work.

17. Matryan if you were a proper server Owner or a Developer you would understand. People make scripts to sell as they want to make profits out of it, it is very time consumin, stressful, loads of config stuff to do, testing and more that is why people sell it and people buy it!

18. Matryan

I'm currently the Co owner of two different servers and have or still develop too many communities to list. You don't need to be an owner of a server to understand profit and Loss which I recall learning in grade 4. Sure, some people like to sell scripts, I know quite a few people who are against selling scripts and I'm one of them.
    We've all already paid for the game? So Why pay up to 100 dollars Just to have some pointless fancy stuff on your server? Especially when you've got people like myself doing it for free? Atheos is the main developer for the most played gamemode on garrys mod, he does it 100 percent for free, I'm not totally sure, but don't you think he'd be under a bit of stress occasionally?
    People come to this forum for help, there's valid users and staff who are willing to help, so don't just pass them off to script fodder to waste more money.

[XRAY]Blake likes this.
  19. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

I agree with Matryan. He provides ALOT of good points.
    Beside buying the game, more than 80% of the scripts either need CSS meaning another 10-20$ wasted.( I'm not counting HUD'S, and f4 menu's and such)
    And yeah also with prop hunt.
    The person who made it, spent probably weeks trying to make it, the way it is now and it's for free. Same thing as Matryan said above, with Atheos.

20. CounterCraftz

CounterCraftz Member

Get rid of the quotations.