1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

How to force people connecting to download the map?

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by Ruby Rose, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Ruby Rose

Ruby Rose New Member

Everytime someone joins my server they get booted off with a "Map is missing". Is there a fix for this or a way to make them force download the map? I currently have FastDL running on our hoster (Crident) but it doesn't seem to do much at all to help.

2. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

FastDL meaning all your files are on a webserver and it's been compressed to bzip files? Or are you trying to say " FastDL " with WorkshopDL people sometimes confuse between both.

If you're using the workshopDL sometimes if the map is too big it won't download it for players so that's where fastDL comes in from a webserver it compresses it so it's smaller and force the player to download it.

3. Ruby Rose

Ruby Rose New Member

I’m not really sure which one it is. The page just says “Intelligent FastDL”. And I don’t think our map is that big. It’s just rp_downtown_tits_v2

4. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

check the file size. I think the max limit is like 64mb? to download? and Sometimes don't always work the buttons on the website so sometimes you have to set it up yourself.