1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

HUD Help

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by Vex, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Vex

Vex New Member

Heya I am making a HUD however I am having an issue here and it spits out an error whenever the LocalPlayer does not have a weapon currently this is the code,
    Code (Text):

-- Drawing the Clip and Maxclip
    local function AmmoDraw()

draw.RoundedBox( 0, ScrW()-290, ScrH()-40, 300-21, 30, Color(90,90,90,235 ) )

local DrawClip = LocalPlayer():GetActiveWeapon():Clip1() or 0
    local DrawMax = LocalPlayer():GetActiveWeapon():GetPrimaryAmmoType() or 0

if LocalPlayer():GetActiveWeapon() = nil then return false end
    if DrawClip < 0 then DrawClip = 0 end
    if DrawMax < 0 then DrawMax = 0 end

draw.DrawText( 'Ammo - ' .. DrawClip , 'dev_font', ScrW()-290+10, ScrH()-40+3.5, Color(255,255,255,255) )
    draw.DrawText( '/ '.. DrawMax, 'dev_font', ScrW()-290+110, ScrH()-40+3.5, Color(255,255,255,255) )

end

That is not the only issue, GetPrimaryAmmoType() is not the var I am looking for does anyone know which one it is that displays a SWEPS Reserve ammo?

EG I have a pistol with 30 in a clip and 60 in reserve ..... 30/60 I shot a clip so now I have 30/30 etc

Cheers for even looking!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  2. Matryan

Matryan Well-Known Member

1. What error does it spit out?
    2. The function you're looking for would be
    Code (Text):
    LocalPlayer():GetAmmoCount(LocalPlayer():GetActiveWeapon():GetPrimaryAmmoType()) -- ???

3. Vex

Vex New Member

The error is

[ERROR] addons/darkrpmodification/lua/darkrp_modules/hudreplacement/cl_hudreplacement.lua:94: attempt to call method 'Clip1' (a nil value)
    1. AmmoDraw - addons/darkrpmodification/lua/darkrp_modules/hudreplacement/cl_hudreplacement.lua:94
    2. fn - addons/darkrpmodification/lua/darkrp_modules/hudreplacement/cl_hudreplacement.lua:423
    3. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183

and that is doing the same thing it doesn't update the weapon for instance I spawn a P228 it says I have 12/3
    I finish a clip and it still says 0/3

4. Matryan

3?
    It worked for me in a HUD I made for a community a bit ago.
    Code (Text):
    ammo = LocalPlayer():GetActiveWeapon():Clip1().." / "..LocalPlayer():GetAmmoCount(LocalPlayer():GetActiveWeapon():GetPrimaryAmmoType())
    Can you show me line 94 of your HUD Replacement?

5. Vex

Vex New Member

[​IMG]
    Ammo on a brand new weapon only has 30 bullets, still shows it has 3 clips
    [​IMG]
    When the weapon is out of ammo, the clip still doesn't update

Code (Text):

6. Matryan

Chuck us the line of code you used to draw the ammo / the amount of ammo left.

Not sure about that Clip1() error though....

7. Vex

Vex New Member

Alrighty I will throw in the general code for both of the ammo clips

Code (Text):
    local DrawMax = LocalPlayer():GetAmmoCount(LocalPlayer():GetActiveWeapon():GetPrimaryAmmoType()) or 0

if DrawClip < 0 then DrawClip = 0 end
    -----EDIT----
    I think the Error is because said player has no weapon and its referring to the variable as nil, I am not sure how to fix either way

8. Matryan

Hmm not sure about why it's not working.
    Have you tried it on another SWep / ammotype?

Being dead is usually the only cause for users not having weapons:
    Code (Text):
    if LocalPlayer():Alive() then

local DrawClip = LocalPlayer():GetActiveWeapon():Clip1()

else

local DrawClip = 0

end

9. Vex

Vex New Member

Hmm confused me a tad, should I put that in the same function or create a new one

10. Matryan

Replace your
    Code (Text):
    with it.

11. Vex

Vex New Member

Tried it, then it spits out this error and messes the whole HUD up

[ERROR] addons/darkrpmodification/lua/darkrp_modules/hudreplacement/cl_hudreplacement.lua:90: attempt to call method 'Alive' (a nil value)
    1. unknown - addons/darkrpmodification/lua/darkrp_modules/hudreplacement/cl_hudreplacement.lua:90
    2. doInclude - [C]:-1
    3. loadModules - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:86
    4. fn - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:126
    5. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183

12. Matryan

0_0...
    Alive() is definitely a valid function.
    I'm not sure what's going on...

13. Vex

Vex New Member

It's certainly so odd I will play around and post results

14. Vex

Vex New Member

[ERROR] addons/darkrpmodification/lua/darkrp_modules/hudreplacement/cl_hudreplacement.lua:108: attempt to concatenate global 'DrawClip' (a nil value)
    1. AmmoDraw - addons/darkrpmodification/lua/darkrp_modules/hudreplacement/cl_hudreplacement.lua:108
    2. fn - addons/darkrpmodification/lua/darkrp_modules/hudreplacement/cl_hudreplacement.lua:431

New one fixed it up a bit, not sure what the issue could be now though here is the full function

Code (Text):
    -- Drawing the Clip and Maxclip

else

local DrawClip = 0

end

local DrawMax = LocalPlayer():GetAmmoCount(LocalPlayer():GetActiveWeapon():GetPrimaryAmmoType()) or 0

draw.DrawText( 'Ammo - ' .. DrawClip , 'dev_font', ScrW()-290+10, ScrH()-40+3.5, Color(255,255,255,255) )
    draw.DrawText( '/ '.. DrawMax, 'dev_font', ScrW()-290+110, ScrH()-40+3.5, Color(255,255,255,255) )

end

------EDIT -------
    Moved the end to the bottom no errors but the text has completely disspeared now. so confused

Code (Text):

else

local DrawClip = 0

end
    end

15. Matryan

Don't move the ends around randomly.
    They were fine as they were.
    I think it's because we're declaring that local variable inside an if statement (Not entirely sure).

16. Vex

Vex New Member

If I dont move that end, it causes script errors and breaks everything, and I am not sure I am out of ideas here

17. Matryan

It fixed an error but did it fix the HUD.

18. Vex

Vex New Member

Fixed the HUD, however still spits out an error when player dies
    [ERROR] addons/darkrpmodification/lua/darkrp_modules/hudreplacement/cl_hudreplacement.lua:103: attempt to call method 'GetPrimaryAmmoType' (a nil value)
    1. AmmoDraw - addons/darkrpmodification/lua/darkrp_modules/hudreplacement/cl_hudreplacement.lua:103
    2. fn - addons/darkrpmodification/lua/darkrp_modules/hudreplacement/cl_hudreplacement.lua:437

and also no text is showing where the ammo is suppose to be meaning the 20/60