1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

I am messing around with Chat Sounds and in need of help.

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by Teeny, Mar 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Teeny

Teeny New Member

So, basically, I got this super cool idea that I wanted to pursue as a pastime. I would like to be able to use custom chat sounds in order to fulfill this.
    I have searched high and low for any guides on how to add my own, but there are so few, and the ones that ARE available give you little to no useful instruction.

I have made a folder in "darkrp_modules" and named it "chatsounds"
    Inside said folder I have created a lua file entitled "cl_mychatsounds.lua" . Should it be cl_, sv_, or sh_ I dunno.
    Inside of the lua file I am using DarkRP.setChatSound("", {""}) for the sounds. However, the problem is that even when I put in a sound and phrase, the sound doesn't work.
    For example: DarkRP.setChatSound("404", {"sound/metropolice/vo/404zone.wav"}) should play "404 Zone.wav" when a player says "404" in chat. This doesn't happen.

I am wondering if I need to have the .wav files in a certain folder or directory, OR that maybe im doing something wrong at a fundamental level. Any help with this would be very much appreciated as I am very passionate about this project of mine, but can't even seem to get past the first steps!