1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Is there a market for selling "real player bots" just like insta followers?

Discussion in 'Modder General Chat' started by WeAreOne, Apr 10, 2019.

1. WeAreOne

WeAreOne New Member

Hello DarkRP.

Hypothetical questions: Is there a market for selling real player bots, if so what would you as a server owner pay for example 15 bots each hour?

2. # VALERY

# VALERY Member

3. WeAreOne

WeAreOne New Member

How much would you hypothetical pay?

4. # VALERY

# VALERY Member

AFAIK there's free .dll module for it and this one is free. But you probably get your server blacklisted from gmod.

I think it may cost around 1$ = 1h for 30 bots (and still will not use this market is it too risky)

5. WeAreOne

WeAreOne New Member

this .dll module is absolute trash, im talking about legit steam users with legit gmod bots, meaning these bots are in fact real but goes under AFK. Problem about this module is you need to have dedicate server, knowledge and its really easy to get busted by using this method.

There is no risk if I was to host these bots, mainly how these bots are real and Valve wouldn't spend effort to join servers to check if 15 of players are bots.

6. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

The problem here should be god damn morals. Joining a server can take proper ages, especially with the amount of addons the average server has nowadays. Taking that time only to find out that the server is empty and filled with some AFK bots is disheartening. Have it happen three times in a row and basically anyone will stop playing the game entirely to do something more rewarding. I know that I will immediately blacklist any server that would use such a tactic to get players.

Now let's imagine you somehow become wildly successful with this business idea. By being the one who organises this, you will be seen as the one who causes players to stop wanting to play the game. You will be seen as the one who made GMod a basically unplayable game. Allow me to tell you before you go through with this: Fuck you and that which you stand for. Take some fucking time to think and ask yourself if you really want to be known as the one who made a business out of fucking players over and running a game into the ground.

7. WeAreOne

WeAreOne New Member

I kinda feel bad for even thinking about this idea, but I'm a wild man and loves the other side. its not about destroying a game no no no no, its about using bots as a method to populate servers. What i'm running is not huge, just a few bots 10+ that can join a server on commands.
    This will only be used as a populate method, and I cant possible be the guy who destroyed gmod, I'm pretty sure there is more people that do the same business role as me? if not, i'm willing to the best first to offer my bots as a service.

I HIGHLY doubt this can or will have any negative effect on Garry's Mod or DarkRP in general.

8. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

I guess I get where you're coming from. Having an empty server is a barrier for the first person to join, with "non-empty servers" being a filter in the server browser, bots will get you on the list. Server owners dread empty servers, and that's totally understandable. But let me be clear and say this is the shittiest cheap ass way to try to solve that problem. Here's how:

You're inviting players in using a lie. Players don't want to play on empty servers for a good reason: GMod is a social game. People play it to have fun with other people. When I find a server with 10-15 people in it, I get excited. I want to see what they're up to. I know I'll be disappointed and even angry when after minutes of joining I find myself among a bunch of AFK fucking bots. "God fucking damnit, did I just spend 5 minutes waiting to join a server that tricked me into joining using a bunch of shitty bots? FUCK this server." THAT's the service you're proposing to sell, for every first real person to join a server to be disappointed and angry for being played. Obviously those disappointed people immediately disconnect to either play on a different server or play a different game entirely. What else are you supposed to do, roleplay with AFK bots? That of course will leave the server bot-empty again for the next player to be disappointed. And for any sane player, this will need to only happen a couple of times in a row to figure that it's not worth spending half a fucking hour to find a server that's worth playing on.

Your entire business idea is based on lying to players and leaving them disappointed. That is a business of removing any motivation to play the game. That in itself is a negative effect.