1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

jobTable, nil values, and broken F4 menus

Discussion in 'DarkRP Features and Code Design' started by pdubs, Sep 18, 2018.

1. pdubs

pdubs New Member

My server has been acting up lately, all starting when I made jobs VIP only. ( I dont know if it's that )
    Is something wrong, because my whole server is broken now.
    My character doesn't spawn, I can't access tools or weapons, and for some reason I spawn in the ground..

I keep seeing:

[ERROR] gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_gamemode_functions.lua:243: attempt to index local 'jobTable' (a nil value)
    1. unknown - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_gamemode_functions.lua:243

[ERROR] gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_gamemode_functions.lua:243: attempt to index local 'jobTable' (a nil value)
    1. unknown - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_gamemode_functions.lua:243

[ERROR] addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_customthings/jobs.lua:30: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 18) near 'customCheck'
    1. unknown - addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_customthings/jobs.lua:0

(Everything leads back to CustomCheck, where I put VIP only and ADMIN only.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My jobs.lua is:

https://pastebin.com/qZ6e41z0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things that may cause it that I am using:
    Essential F4 Menu
    Essential DarkRP HUD
    ULX
    ULIB
    rp_downtown_tits_v1

I have FAdmin DISABLED.

If anyone finds a way to fix it, please message me my Discord is:

Pdubs#2096

--Thank you!
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 18, 2018 ---
    also essential has errors, but I will get to that later.

2. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

If you think it's your jobs file that's causing an issue then please go to this website and it'll save us both time and effort to find the error

Surely enough, putting in your job configuration into the website at line 30, you forgot to put a comma beforehand so that's what is causing that error.

https://fptje.github.io/glualint-web/

Also if you read the error it would've also told you where the error was, so next time please read.
    Also you don't need to have a customCheck for each and every job. Just leave it blank.

Also one last thing, at the very bottom you forgot to define the TEAM_SWAT.

AND ONE MORE LAST THING

This isn't the correct sub forum for your errors. There's a general help one literally right below this section.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  3. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

There is a difference between being able to read and being able to comprehend. Most people do not know how to read errors.

4. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

I think when it says this : "jobs.lua:30: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 18) near 'customCheck' " You would think if someone is actually passionate and dedicated in doing this would at least read it, and to me atleast it feels like common sense. The error literally said where the problem was simple.

5. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

People who don’t really “code” or understand anything about coding, for that matter, do not understand how to close an open bracket. They don’t understand lines mainly because they use default notepad. Reading errors can be confusing at times. Especially when the errors aren’t always accurate. He obviously is new to this and doesn’t quite understand the syntax.

The reason I am here semi defending him is because I was in the same boat. I couldn’t read errors and had no idea how to count lines in code. Sure, I learned it pretty quickly, but that doesn’t mean you should be kind of a knob for something they don’t understand. It’s like me being a physicist and asking you to split an atom. You most likely probably have no idea how to do it, but it’s super simple in my eyes(I’m not a physicist, just an example). It would be wrong of me to downgrade you simply because I understand it, but you don’t. That’s all I am trying to say.

Yes I am assuming genders. To lazy to go back and fix it. :)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Quangasaurusrex likes this.