1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Limited speed

Discussion in 'Modder General Chat' started by DonDark, Jun 22, 2019.

1. DonDark

DonDark New Member

So on my server we are dealing with the issue that as soon as a car reaches 100-115 mph they start breaking on and off .. making them skid around. the cars can go much faster if allowed but something is forcing them to break constantly. is there any way to turn that value off ?

2. FireWolf

FireWolf Member

Assuming you're using car addons, does this happen on a sandbox server with the cars?

3. DonDark

DonDark New Member

i'm using VCMOD with the ELS DLC installed. i do not get the braking effect when launching a sandbox using the same cars. but spending close to an hour inspecting the vcmod menu there is no such option as to alter top speed or anything like that.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 24, 2019 ---
    Just tried adding VCMOD to the sandbox(singleplayer) mode. nothing changes. the cars can reach their intended max speed without issues. problem still only appears on the server where the cars will auto brake at around 130 km/h. and its a janky braking constantly on and off so the car kinda skids around

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  4. Communication

Communication New Member

Darkrp has nothing to do with this check what other addons you have and change them accordingly

5. DonDark

DonDark New Member

the only addon i have on there that possibly could do anything of this sort is smart propcontrol. but i dunno why it would limit cars speed by making them break automaticly.

6. It depends on the car and the map. For example the 2010 taurus can reach 140 mph in seconds while the 2013 taurus can hit max at around 90 in the same time the 2010 taurus can hit it's top speed.
    Rockford v2b outskirts also maxes out at 65-75 mph for some unknown reason, no matter the car.