1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Mapper for additional depth in DarkRP

Discussion in 'Modder General Chat' started by ATIXIUM™, Aug 26, 2013.

1. ATIXIUM™

ATIXIUM™ New Member

Greetings, and thank you for launching an official DarkRP discussion board.

Sincerely as a Dedicated mapper to further extend your game, By any chance would you guys consider the possibility to have an additional entity for mappers to trigger an environment to further extend your game mode? Essentially a core role to allow the purchase of an entity parented with a func_button to trigger an open door and other circumstances given the situation such as a mission that players can purchase from another player. In similar terms a gun dealer selling shipments, but how ever a player can sell missions/quest.
    I have described this in detail over at facepunch if you have a moment to read please.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  2. computer22

computer22 Community Staff Staff Member Server Owner

Hey, thanks for your feedback on the discussion board. For the rest you'll need to wait forv @(FPtje) Atheos or @Bo98

3. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

I think the ideas you have are great for an external addon. I don't think it would be a good idea to put in DarkRP by default. It should be an addon that uses DarkRP's hooks and functions to do its thing.
    People who want it will be able to install the addon, and it will work as though it is part of DarkRP. People who don't want it can just leave DarkRP as it is.

computer22 likes this.
  4. ATIXIUM™

ATIXIUM™ New Member

Thanks for the reply but I don't think you understand. I meant to say a Trigger in DarkRP that allows my map to perform an action such as open a hidden door for players to go on a quest. ( players purchasing an entity to Output an Input in my map )

5. computer22

computer22 Community Staff Staff Member Server Owner

Shouldn't that already be possible with a Stock DarkRP?
    For quests, DarkRP does not feature such a system yet, so that would be a addon by a modder.
    For the door opening thing, you could simply detect the entity at a special place (aka the player has to buy X and place it in a <whatever>) and then open the door.

6. (FPtje) Atheos

(FPtje) Atheos Main Developer Staff Member

That's the whole point of DarkRP hooks. You don't have to go in DarkRP files to make something happen when a DarkRP event occurs.

One can make an addon that does the following:
    - When a player presses E on a barman, a menu opens. This menu triggers map things on button presses
    - When someone buys a pistol a map thing triggers

Here's a list of all hooks
    http://wiki.darkrp.com/index.php/Category:Hooks