1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Module to Addon?

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by [TXG] Church, Sep 29, 2016.

1. [TXG] Church

[TXG] Church New Member

Hello,

I'm working on making a hud for DarkRP and currently have it based out of a folder in darkrpmodification -> lua -> darkrp_modules

I want to move it to make it its own folder in garrysmod/addons but I was wondering if there was any requirements I need to make sure are completed so I don't break everything

2. Reverse

Reverse Member

You can do this:

addons/whateverYourNewAddonIsCalled/lua/darkrp_modules/whateverYourNewAddonIsCalledHud/luaFilesHere

3. Nagisa Momoe

Nagisa Momoe Member

Lol I was thinking the same thing but I wasn't sure if it work tks for clear this for me 2 :v

4. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

@Reverse why does darkrp_modules folder need to be included? I've always been curious for this. Can't it work without ?

also don't forget the file path if he's going to make "custom" materials for it
    so itll just be

addons /whateveryourHUDnameiscalled/lua/darkp_modules/whateveryourhudiscalled/hereyouPutOtherFolderslikeModelsFontsandLuaFiles

5. Reverse

Reverse Member

I just did some testing on my dev server.

Here is the correct hierarchy:
    [​IMG]

No, I just tested it, for some reason it MUST be in another subfolder in darkrp_modules like this:
    [​IMG]