1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Player models spawn as certain skin?

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by BlueOrange, Oct 19, 2014.

1. BlueOrange

BlueOrange New Member

Hello,

I want to configure my secret service to have a certain skin on its playermodel as I have Suits and Robbers playermodels, and I want my secret service to have a different color suit, which is a skin on the playermodel

Thanks in advance,

BlueOrange

2. ωυℓғιє

ωυℓғιє New Member

I'm not exactly sure what your asking, You want to set a Job to a certain Player model? or theirs a Skin for a model that you want set? o-o

3. BlueOrange

BlueOrange New Member

The player model I have for the job, has multiple skins, ie suit colour. I want the model to spawn with the skin I want. Skin being the r-click on context menu

4. AwPanda

AwPanda Member

add me on steam BlueOrange i can help you get setup :) flubber_turkey or AwPanda

5. Cake

Cake Active Member

Ah i have this pack aswell all you need to do is call the set body group function, like this (it will set you to have a bag and a mask at least from what i remember)

PlayerSpawn = function(ply)
    ply:SetBodygroup(1,0)
    ply:SetBodygroup(2,0)
    ply:SetBodygroup(3,2)
    ply:SetSkin(0)
    end,

Add that to the job fields. The first number is the ID of the first menu, and then the second number is the ID in the menu it makes when you hover over it (i believe it starts at 0). I have not done this in a while so play around with it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    St11l likes this.
  6. BlueOrange

BlueOrange New Member

Finally, someone understood me!

btw, it starts at 0 as computers start counting at 0. :p

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be at 0, Guess its not like python with numbers.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  7. Cake

Cake Active Member

Lua starts at 1, its weird; anyway did that do what you wanted? (I believe 0 is off in this case)

8. BlueOrange

BlueOrange New Member

Yea, it did it perfectly! All I need now is a 'kill on job switch' addon, so the skin will load. Thanks alot

9. Cake

Cake Active Member

10. BlueOrange

BlueOrange New Member

DarkRP comes with a kill on job switch in darkrpmodification/lua/config/settings.lua

You don't get the armour in real time tho...

11. Cake

Cake Active Member

That just makes people have to die first, believe it does not kill them (could be wrong have not used it in about a year), and you can also set peoples Armour via lua, so there is no reason why you could not make it auto regen.