1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Release Police Radio

Discussion in 'DarkRP Addon & Plugin Releases' started by LordiAnders, Mar 12, 2014.

1. LordiAnders

LordiAnders Active Member

Another tiny update

-snip- (this part didnt work yet)
    -Also added a simple timer in the config file, and fixed why some binds wouldnt appear in some cases (hopefully)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. DoubleDeez

DoubleDeez New Member

I keep getting this:

Code (Text):
    [Police-Radio]: UPDATE AVAILABLE! Please update the module.
    [Police-Radio]: http://forum.darkrp.com/threads/police-radio.1110/

Yet I have already installed the latest upload.

3. LordiAnders

My bad... I somehow ended up removing the version.txt file, once you update just this once, it should be fixed

4. Lasse

Lasse New Member

I've got the same problem and I did set it up with with FastDL. Is there someway I can force people to download the materials? Otherwise working great!

5. ctOS

ctOS Member

^ put it in your root material folder, then go to lua/autorun/server

and create a lua file. Name it what you want.

In it, you need to type this:

Code (Text):
    if SERVER then

resource.AddSingleFile("path to material")

//resource.AddWorkshop("workshopidhere")

end
    Sorry, I'm on my phone, but thats how you setup fastdl, this works with Fonts, Materials, and Models I believe.

Make sure each material is setup as its own
    resource.AddSinglefile

- ctOS

6. Lasse

Lasse New Member

Great its now working :) Thanks!

7. ctOS

ctOS Member

No problem buddy :)

8. {SSR}Sesto Elemento

{SSR}Sesto Elemento New Member

God i would love for you to make this for 2.4.3, its too late for me to upgrade any of my servers, too many things depend upon older functions and such of 2.4.3. I would possibly pay for this:)

9. nzkfc

nzkfc Member

Should just start making your server 2.5.x because your server is only going to become more and more incompatible.....

Easy to do it offline and slowly do it.

10. Mr.Dexter

Mr.Dexter Member

didn't work for me, i added files straight into the darkrpmodifacation folder but nothing anyone know how to fix

11. Tekina :.

Tekina :. New Member

help me the icon is purple and black

Resolve:

Police_Radio_HUD_Texture_On = "materials/vgui/lordi/darkrp/police_radio_on.png" --If you want to... You can set your own custom texture for the radio icon

Police_Radio_HUD_Texture_Off = "materials/vgui/lordi/darkrp/police_radio_off.png" --Texture that appears if the radio is currently off

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  12. Mr.Dexter

Mr.Dexter Member

is there a way to change the key to enable/disable it as need to change

13. [GG]Tense!

[GG]Tense! Member

Yes, If you look for sv_p_radio.lua, inside, find the section with the Hook "KeyPress".

It's
    Code (Text):
    if (not ply:InVehicle() and ply:KeyDown(IN_WALK) and key == IN_USE) or (ply:InVehicle() and key == IN_WALK) then

14. Mr.Dexter

Mr.Dexter Member

Could you give me the code so I can make it Key B

15. Wiggins

Wiggins New Member

Sorry to bring this back from a few weeks back. I joined this forum purely to post here. A server I am staff on uses this radio and it is fantastic. Although some of our players (including myself) get the following error when joining the server.

--- Missing Vgui material texturemissing

[ERROR] addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_modules/police_radio/sh_p_radio_config.lua:16: attempt to concatenate a nil value
    1. unknown - addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_modules/police_radio/sh_p_radio_config.lua:16
    2. include - [C]:-1
    3. loadModules - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:65
    4. fn - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:117
    5. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183

[ERROR] addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_modules/police_radio/sh_p_radio_config.lua:16: attempt to concatenate a nil value
    1. unknown - addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_modules/police_radio/sh_p_radio_config.lua:16
    3. unknown - addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_modules/police_radio/sh_p_radio.lua:1
    4. include - [C]:-1
    5. loadModules - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:65
    6. fn - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:117
    7. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183

3. unknown - addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_modules/police_radio/cl_p_radio.lua:1
    4. include - [C]:-1
    5. loadModules - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:78
    6. fn - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:117
    7. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183

Once the user joins one of the law teams, CP, mayor etc. The hud disappears and you can no longer see other users names and so on.
    This error then shows in the console

[ERROR] lua/includes/modules/draw.lua:150: bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got nil)
    1. gmatch - [C]:-1
    2. DrawText - lua/includes/modules/draw.lua:150
    3. fn - addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_modules/police_radio/cl_p_radio.lua:49
    4. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183

Its odd how only some of our users are experiencing the problems.
    I realise you have probably gone onto others things but myself and others would very much appreciate anything you may suggest.

Cheers,

16. LordiAnders

Is your version even updated?
    I dont wish to start "fixing" something unless its up to date

17. Silent But Deadly

Silent But Deadly New Member

Everyone else has it but me can someone fix it only i dont have it

18. Wiggins

Wiggins New Member

Can confirm server and users are using the latest version. They re downloaded from the first page

19. [GG]Tense!

[GG]Tense! Member

Unless your line 16 is "Police_Radio_HUD_Text_On = "Radio is on - All Police can hear your voicechat!" --The text that appears above the radio icon if enabled (Set to "" to disable text)" You're not using the up-to date version.

20. Wiggins

Wiggins New Member

That line is defiantly there. After tinkering about and updating the materials folder, I now receive this error;

[ERROR] lua/includes/modules/draw.lua:150: bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got nil)
    1. gmatch - [C]:-1
    2. DrawText - lua/includes/modules/draw.lua:150
    3. fn - addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_modules/police_radio/cl_p_radio.lua:49
    4. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183

I appreciate any help you may be able to offer :)