1. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Reviving Base Wars

Discussion in 'Modder General Chat' started by n00bmobile, Dec 10, 2017.

?

Would you run a Base Wars server or ask a server owner to run one?

1. Yes, I'd run my own Base Wars server. It'll be easy, I make DarkRP Jobs for living.

2. Yes, I'd ask for a server owner to run this gamemode so I can play on.

3. (Hurt Feelings) No, your work is shit and so is the idea of this gamemode.

4. No, this gamemode sucks.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. n00bmobile

n00bmobile Active Member

I haven't been very active, actually... Not active at all. The reason for that is because I'm tired of GMod, or DarkRP at least. However, there's still some hope as I am working on a new gamemode. You all know Base Wars (if you've been playing this game for long enough) and that It's a fantastic gamemode that unfortunately due to exclusivity is fucking dead now and nearly buried, so I'm making Base Wars free (with hopefully tons of content like Scanners, Power Generators, Cameras, Hacking and EMP Grenades). I know this will take quite some time and honestly I don't know if I'll be able to deliver something this size, but you can bet my virgin ass that I'll be releasing something good and usable. If you're a server owner that actually has a server with players on and wishes to test this gamemode, I'll gadly speak to you through the DarkrP Forum and hear you trash-talk.

P.S.: I've attached a screenshot showcasing the gamemode a little (VERY LITTLE).

EDIT: For any of you who are wondering if this is based on DarkRP, It's not. I'm building it from the ground up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

I'd vote, but the options are a bit too harsh and I do not want to seem like an asshole. It'll be interesting to see BaseWars make a comeback. Although, I personally wouldn't host a BaseWars server.

3. n00bmobile

n00bmobile Active Member

Yeah, there's no neutral option to vote. You either want it badly or you don't want it at all, I like reading comments. You're not being an asshole by acknowledging you wouldn't want to host a Base Wars server, everyone has their taste and to host a server of a certain gamemode you really have to enjoy it and actually have time and patience to manage the administration of said server. I personally wouldn't host a Base Wars server too, I simply wouldn't host shit.

4. Frozen Banana

Frozen Banana Member

If you put enough effort into the server, People will start to join. Patience and dedication is all you need. I would love to see basewars being back again. I used to play that all the time before DarkRP.

5. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

The concept of BaseWars, in my opinion, was just too basic.
    • BaseWars: Farming printers and making 100's of millions in a little under 2 hours.; Buying all the top-tier gear, scan, then start raiding.

6. n00bmobile

n00bmobile Active Member

Well yeah, I'm really don't like when all you have to do to get rich is to farm money printers. I'm probably going to make them very ineffective at printing to force players somehow to rely on other options.

Sir Klutch likes this.
  7. Sir Klutch

Sir Klutch Active Member

That would be a great idea. Perhaps add other forms of currencies. Like, I don't know... "Raiding Points" Raid a base successfully, get a point or however many you want to give then add a shop for players to exchange those points for printers. So they can't just farm printers to buy more printers, that's too quick and simple. This adds more of a challenge. Plus still leaves the risk of you getting raided and losing the printers. Although, you'd have to make the money worth something. I guess this is just basically delaying rather than actually fixing the problem... Hmm. This is a tricky one lol