1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

See opinions on new server idea:

Discussion in 'Community & Server introduction' started by unvanta, Apr 10, 2017.

1. unvanta

unvanta New Member

I've ran military RP servers before, and regular DarkRP servers. But I'm thinking of a new approach for a Military esc server.

To start, there are 3 categories:
    Military:
    (has the most power, you will start off as a regular private and be infantry or medic. You can become a pilot (we might use WAC or another planes addon) and fight against terrorists and/or transport infantry close to the enemy.)

Terrorists:
    (Plan attacks against the military, might have planes, aim to kill the president.)

Nomads.
    (Gun dealers, hitmen, and neutral classes who do not live inside the terrorist or military base. They build a home in the open and do not pick sides, but can kidnap and stuff.)

In order to be a pilot you must rank up. For this i will use ULX groups.

Ranking up:
    Ranking up will give players the ability to become more classes with more prestigious powers, such as: flying planes, commanding and planning attacks, being the president, and/or secret agents, etc. (the ranks will be for military, and maybe terrorists)
    In order to rank up, every Sunday the public server will shut down and become a while listed server, and people who have enough game time hours can schedule to train in a "boot-camp" like setting where the current admins will train guns, airplane flying, dog fighting, explain rules, ect. If they pass they will be promoted to a new ranking, and even admin. Training days will allow for serious players to be able to become members, and staff.

All in all this was a rough outline, and I can easily code all of this. I want feedback PLEASE! there are no screenshots, I just think there needs to be more variety in the DarkRP category. Let me know what you all think!

2. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

Well first off you need to decide what war you're choosing, what country you're using.

A lot of people seem like to World War II and people would be more familiar with it because well the concentration camps and what not.

World War I not many people are familiar with it but it is still popular even today mainly because it's overshadowed by the cruelty of what Hitler did.

Cold War was between us and the russians but nothing major happened because we each threatened each other with missiles and nukes.

Vietnam War is another one people are familiar with because of Black Ops I ( lol )

and then there's the korean war.
    Or you can just do what mostly every other server has been doing. Just modern warfare with everything if you do go that way, use FA:S

So you have to choose which war you're choosing ( Which time period ) and stick with it. ( If you start with let's say World War II use M1 Garands, Thompsons, M-14's, flame throwers ) Some of this is innacurate just I'm tired, but still sticking with my point, Choose which time period

3. unvanta

unvanta New Member

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I completely understand where you're coming from! As far as time period, i'm not sure i have one set... Given that there are terrorists, i would think this server would take place during the al-qaeda wars in Iraq? I have Drone addons and WAC ready to be used, so it would be very modern. I just really want to know how this sounds, the whole leveling up and the War RP itself. Are people interested in that? Think of it like more of a Modern Warfare gamemode.

4. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in a World War 2 ish. I know there's some other server that's popular for it, but eh. Maybe something different ? There's too many modern warfare rp copies already,