1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Server lags when a player joins

Discussion in 'Modder General Chat' started by Datguy, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Datguy

Datguy New Member

Not sure if this is the proper place to ask for help but it looks like it but what i am wanting some help with is that when a player joins the server it Basically lag spikes and freezes for 0.5 - 2 seconds and it is the same when someone respawns but not as bad, I think it may be when the server spawns there default sweps but im not too sure.

[​IMG]

We have updated srcds, gmod, darkrp and tested if certain addons is causing the problem and nothing seems to work. Pings never get high and there is nothing wrong with the network :/

We are running our own dedicated box with the following specs
    XEON E3 1230v2
    8gb ECC
    1x 500GB seagate and 1x samsung 830 120GB SSD (servers are on the ssd)
    100mbit port

The cpu very rarely goes over 50% nor does the memory rarely go over 6gb

[​IMG]

2. Bo98

Bo98 Moderator Staff Member Contributor

Is this the case in Sandbox?

3. seems to me like you need to wipe your computer like i did, it makes everything run smoother.

4. Suspeccct

Suspeccct Member

Are you talking about 50% on one core or overall? Also try to play around with your server rates. And use netgraph 4 to see your sv to determine if it is the server or network lagging.