1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

Several issues

Discussion in 'DarkRP Modding Questions & Help' started by justin chambers, Jul 18, 2015.

1. justin chambers

justin chambers New Member

I have several issues with my server and I need someone to let me know how to fix them.

1 I have no clue how to prevent prop pushing. I really need help with that.
    2 On my admin jobs, if they die, they lose all their weapons (like physgun, gravgun, etc) and we need to switch jobs to fix this, but that is annoying.
    3 Custom shipments display an error above them, and when clicked it shows the model of the ak47, but if I pick that up it's the weapon I want in a shipment.
    4 Occasionally the gun dealer has no shipments, I think I've fixed it but I didn't do enough testing to be sure. I've set the shipments to TEAM_GUN, and that is the team for gun dealer, but it doesn't show up for some reason.
    5 My ulx motd shows up as well as my custom motd, I need to get rid of the ulx version but I don't know how.
    6 I want /dlogs but I don't want to pay for that, anyone know a free version that has less features that could work instead?
    7 When someone leaves the server, I want their steam ID to show, not sure if that is possible without paying for it.
    8 This may just be a bug in my map, but for some reason people spawn inside the jail. Not sure why this happens and I want to know if there is a way to remove/replace spawns.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things, but this is the most of it. If anyone could add me on steam to help me out that would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone could give responses to the issues I have, that would mean a lot to me

Steam - "YEETMAN" [all caps, no spaces, no numbers]

2. System

System Active Member

1. Apanti - Workshop
    2. Check your darkrp_config/settings.lua
    Code (Text):
    -- The list of weapons people spawn with
    GM.Config.DefaultWeapons = {
        "keys",
        "weapon_physcannon",
        "gmod_camera",
        "gmod_tool",
        "pocket",
        "weapon_physgun",
        "weapon_arc_atmcard",
        "itemstore_pickup",
        "rphands"
    }
    also your jobs.lua
    3.Custom shipment model is prop not listed anymore. for example
    Code (Text):
    DarkRP.createShipment("M3 S90", {
    -- model = "models/weapons/w_m3.mdl",
        entity = "fas2_m3s90",
        price = 39000,
        amount = 10,
        seperate = true,
        pricesep = 3900,
        noship = false,
        allowed = {TEAM_BMD}
    })
    Double check that line.
    4. Need more info imo
    Code (Text):
    ulx.motdmenu_exists = true
    ulx\lua\ulx\modules\cl\motdmenu
    6. Instead of Dlogs i suggest Plogs, still costs but for free "DarkRP Simple Logging System" - Workshop
    7. MoreULX or Extra ULX got such a function. !disconnect (shows the recently players that have disconnected.)
    8. Remove all spawn positions for the starer job (commonly citizen) and redo their spawn positions. /setspawn TEAM

3. justin chambers

justin chambers New Member

THANK YOU! Save me from a lot of pointless searching :D

4. Pab14567

Pab14567 Well-Known Member

No... please.. not Apanti... do not get Apanti..

5. Tomelyr

Tomelyr Active Member

please, do not get apanti.
    this addon is so focused on the "ZOMFG THESE PROPKILLER RUINING DARKRP"-TROLOLOLO that they didn't realise how they fuck up.
    You wan't to stop the pushing? Just make an easy system, which set the hitgroup to none, while holding.
    if you want to stop killing, just check if a player takes damage and block dmg_crush.

There is no need for calling an FUCKIN Net EVERY TIME a player moves. That's ridiculous.

6. Pab14567

iirc apanti also ghost your props making it easy to collide them together and crash

7. Pab14567

8. System

System Active Member

Some easy source on this since i personally use Apanti and had to make alot of customization to make it work as i wanted.

9. Tomelyr

Tomelyr Active Member

but then you could make your own anti propkill addon, with less impact on your server with ease.
    heck just search my posts here, if you combine then you will get an anti propkill addon in seconds (w/o searchtime) which is efficient and effective.

and doesn't fuck up normal buildings.