1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up for news, events and more!

You're currently visiting the official DarkRP Forums as a guest. Sign up now to participate in our community and we'll let you know when we have news.

[solved] error in DarkRP

Discussion in 'Player General Chat' started by FearBomber, Nov 9, 2019.

1. FearBomber

FearBomber New Member

hey, once i log into my server (dedicated on a root) and press Q ==> utilitys ==> (under Admin) Server settings, once i click server settings, it wont open, it just give me this error

[ERROR] gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/spawnmenu/controlpanel.lua:177: attempt to index local 'cvar' (a nil value)
    1. AddControl - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/spawnmenu/controlpanel.lua:177
    2. func - lua/autorun/utilities_menu.lua:61
    3. FillViaFunction - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/spawnmenu/controlpanel.lua:100
    4. FillViaTable - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/spawnmenu/controlpanel.lua:89
    5. ActivateTool - lua/includes/modules/spawnmenu.lua:287
    6. DoClick - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/spawnmenu/toolpanel.lua:119
    7. unknown - lua/vgui/dlabel.lua:234

any solution?

2. se7ensins

se7ensins Member

If your running a dedicated server you need ULX mod installed to give admin permissions to change the server settings.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 9, 2019 ---
    Doesn't matter what game mode you need ulx or a custom ranking system.

3. FearBomber

FearBomber New Member

i got ulx and ulib installed, owner rights got all permissions

4. se7ensins

se7ensins Member

The reason why you getting it is because its a dedicated server: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/588809411045097519/642823932356984853/unknown.png
    In the image you says server name and password you already have it configured in the the server.cfg, If you want to add more gravity in your server go in the CFG folder and auto exe and add the following line like: sv_gravity 950
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 9, 2019 ---
    What are you trying to change?

5. FearBomber

FearBomber New Member

nothing, thats the point. it wont just let me open that tab. so i should just ignore that tab and within that, this error?

6. se7ensins

se7ensins Member

There's no point of pressing the button just ignore it and the error should only come when you press it. If you get it on launch just leave it alone, If you own a darkrp/sandbox server its all done in the server files. You can somewhat do it in game too, just hold tab on the top right side you should see server setting IF you really need to change something do it there.

7. FearBomber

FearBomber New Member

ok thanks. changes i make will only happen in the server.cfg

8. se7ensins

se7ensins Member

And if you want other changes like gravity you can autoexe.cfg that will auto do it when the server is being launched